Filling voids with Inlace alternative

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

redfishsc

Before I go and dump cash on a kit of inlace turquoise, I thought I'd post here and get an idea of what others may be using.

I have some redwood burl that was improperly dried and is loaded with checks. Looks like a good opportunity to use some inlay material and sharp tools.

So, if I want to fill it with a turquoise or malachite looking material without shelling out the high price for inlace, what are my options?

I have access to a great West System clear epoxy that I believe I can color with the same stuff PR is colored with. Anyone tried coloring epoxy?

Matt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

I've filled one with resin, had lots of large voids in it, havn't turned it yet so can't say how well it filled every nook and cranny.

hey red, for this buckeye burl i used some shredded money gived to me by my neighbor who worked for the federal reserve bank here in los angeles. i used 2 part 5 min. epoxy and the cash. if you would like to try some PM or email me.

laurie

amoneypen600x450.jpg

DocStram

Don't mean to sidetrack the thread .... but, if I remember correctly, after the Iranian "students" took our embassy staff hostage ... the "students" then emptied the shredders and began piecing the confidential documents together ...piece by piece by piece.
Laurie, dear, please send a GIANT box of that shredded money to me.

emackrell

ummmm.... I hate to be the one to destroy illusions, but the Iranian hostage crisis was the impetus for the government to retire all the 1/4" shredders and mandate the 1/32" crosscut type. If you can put together a piece of paper that has been run thru a 1/32" crosscut shredder, then you go, guy! And post pictures! [8D]

Cheers Eileen

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
That
Originally posted by emackrell
<br />ummmm.... I hate to be the one to destroy illusions, but the Iranian hostage crisis was the impetus for the government to retire all the 1/4" shredders and mandate the 1/32" crosscut type. If you can put together a piece of paper that has been run thru a 1/32" crosscut shredder, then you go, guy! And post pictures! [8D]

Cheers Eileen
That's what I like! accurate spot on, up to date information![:D]

fuzzydog

Decide if you want a contrasting color or a blending color. I have used artist pastel pencils, just scrap the color on to wax paper than add to the pen followed with CA.
I also have gone to the lumber yard and gotten the brass around their key cutting machine, use a magnet to remove any steel before applying to a pen. I've used baby powder, As you can tell almost anything will work it just depends what you want.
David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom