fibermascus

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

elody21

Where do you find fibermascus and pvc? I am also looking for a bright pink pen blank in acrylic or other type of plastic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred in NC

Fibermascus ! Blue jean fabric in resin ...

Layers of fabric (fiber)that somewhat imitates Damascus steel ?

Well, I am not sure ... hehe!

elody21

I have seen fibermascus material used to make hunting knive handles. I believe it was orginally used as some type of insulating materal. It is not really blue jean material.

Fred in NC

Alice, according to the manufacturer, denim is used to make the blue Fibermascus:

"The cotton denim cloth that I use is woven from blue and white threads"

http://www.fibermascus.com/denim.html

elody21

Really! That is vcery interesting. I thought you were just being funny. Maybe whant I saw before was something different. Thanks again for the info!

G

Originally posted by elody21
<br />I have seen fibermascus material used to make hunting knive handles. I believe it was orginally used as some type of insulating materal. It is not really blue jean material.
I went to the site and looked at this stuff after searching BB and could not find it.
I don't have much luck with searches on most sites.
It wasn't until after I made the pen I displayed in "show off your pens" did I find the blue denim blanks and their cost.
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In case you didn't see one of my other posts Elody thanks for the impetus for the idea!

G

Why is it called Mascus?When I repeat the word Fibermascuc it has a revolting ring to it.
The only thing I can think of is it's a version of Damask.
I'm not sure what that looks like but I know it's a fabric.

Fred in NC

damascus

Dict. "n : an ancient city (widely regarded as the world's oldest) and present capital and largest city of Syria; according to the New Testament, the Apostle Paul (then known as Saul) underwent a dramatic conversion on the road to Damascus "

That is where Damascus steel originated. It was forged from two or more kinds of steel, and showed the grain.

The grain in Damascus fabric has the same effect.

Everything else is a play on the word.

G

Originally posted by Fred in NC
<br />damascus

Dict. "n : an ancient city (widely regarded as the world's oldest) and present capital and largest city of Syria; according to the New Testament, the Apostle Paul (then known as Saul) underwent a dramatic conversion on the road to Damascus "

That is where Damascus steel originated. It was forged from two or more kinds of steel, and showed the grain.

The grain in Damascus fabric has the same effect.

Everything else is a play on the word.

Fred-
It might be a regional thing as I grew up in NE.
My grandmother did a lot of sewing and I remembered her saying damask.
dam·ask ( P ) Pronunciation Key (dmsk)
n.
A rich patterned fabric of cotton, linen, silk, or wool.
A fine, twilled table linen.
Damascus steel.
The wavy pattern on Damascus steel.

tr.v. dam·asked, dam·ask·ing, dam·asks
To damascene.
To decorate or weave with rich patterns.

there is no doubt in my mind the originator of the Fibermascus meant to use your definition though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom