Fiber washers? Pick Guard?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

MDWine

I guess I'm having another senior moment (they seem to stretch into hours and days now), but I'm wonder (fishing for ideas) as to what kinds of things I can glue into a blank for these effects.

Where are you guys finding those nice colors and materials to accent a pen?

Thanks in advance!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Mike, check out this thread for info on where to pick up fiber washers and pick guard:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1433&SearchTerms=fiber,washer

JimGo

Good question! Now that I have a few more pens under my belt, I feel more comfortable talkin' with the likes of Lou and Tom! :) I'm actually planning on being down in Lou's neck of the woods tomorrow to pick up some stuff from Harbor Freight. Need anything? :)

MDWine

oh man... I'm about to start some "intensive training" and have to go by the school and get things started. I don't know how long it will take. I go in at 10am, I would guess I'd be done by 11, and I'd be in Annandale, so not too far away.

Gimme a time, I'd love to see you guys... and dirs to HF, never been there. (This trip to HF is gonna cost me, right? [;)])

JimGo

Yes Mike, it's gonna cost you pretty big...gotta pay Lou $50 for his time. I'm only a few pens ahead of you, so I'll only bill you $5 for mine. (Can you tell I work at a law firm? :) Oh, and be sure to bring some money to spend at Harbor Freight, too! :)

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
HEY, I'm going to have to start charging for my time.... It cost me wood and a pen kit to have Mike here... LOL
Of course I did get a delicious apple nut cake....
MMMMM ... in all honesty I could never charge for what I know... The $0.02 might stop my disability payments ... LOL.. but I think the next time I get a bunch over here there is going to be a wood indentification class... YUP, you guys can all learn to ID pen blanks while you help me put them in the right boxes and store them... LOL...

JimGo

lol...right across the street from Potomac Mills Mall. When you get off 95 at the Potomac Mills Mall exit, just follow the exit around to the right, and stay on that road across the major intersection. You're going to think you're pulling into a townhouse complex, but there's also a back entrance into the shopping center. It's on the far side of the center, near the dollar store. See y'all at noon! Mike, make sure you bring that Kingwood (please)!

Gregory Huey

I have used those licinse tags that are plastic that car dealers use with their name on as white accent rings. Also have turned rings out of swich plate covers as well as lids from those 5 gal buckets like dry wall mud comes in

Thumbs

<b>Gregory</b>, that's usin' the ol'noggin! We throw so much away that can be reused! [:p] What ingenious ideas keep popping up around here!

Ligget

This is great, I`m going out now to stick my head in the garbage bin, just to see what I can find! LOL
Great ideas though, thanks for sharing.

MDWine

Just great! Now, in addition to slowing down to look at every tree/branch/log I see lying around, I have to start looking for plactic and stuff to make accents out of...

I'm starting to think I am out of control!....... duh... YA THINK??? [:D]

Daniel

Michael,
Na! your just starting to settle into the groove. you may notice a constant heavy perspiration near the eybrows, usually accompanied by slightly long stretches of no scrounging or turning. just ignore it and always have a list of activitites you can claim to have preformed. Sweating dear why yes I just rotated the tires, moved the fridge and cleaned out from under it, finished the boston marathon. you get the idea. the more unverafiable the better. you will find you get actual recommendations to spend time in the shop.

GregD

I like that, DDS = Dumpster Diving Syndrom. I dove in more than one dumpster in my day.

That reminds me of the Phillipeans. Seeing thoes guys digging through the trash just as fast as it gets thrown in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom