Feminine pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rblakemore

My wife and I have been making pens since May of 2013 and really enjoy what we are doing; but, kit pens seem to be very typical pen-like or larger and masculine.
So, are there any feminine pens? Glitzy or blingy in some way???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

PLEASE take a look at the Russ Fairfield Contest. There is a group of pens that any woman would be drooling over.
Now if you are looking into 'bling' There are kits and other things in the PSI catalog. But in my opinion......it is the turner that makes the pen what it is.

Welcome to the fun.

Ed McDonnell

I second Wayne's recommendation.

If you take a slimline kit and

1) upgrade the stock refill to a smooth as silk monteverde refill (available from Richard Greenwald at a good price)

2) pick a sexy, colorful, feminine blank (or make your own to suit)

3) maybe do a little customization (ala Russ Fairfield)

you can create a pen that any woman will fall in love with.

Ed

co_goose

My wife likes the slimlines, since the rest are too large for her small hands. Also PSI sells several that are thinner and Blingier (is that a word?), like the Dutchess, Princess, Starlet Stem, Shimmering Crystals or Diva Charm pen kits.

reiddog1

I sell a lot of one piece pens to women ie. Art deco bp, sceptre bp, Majestic squire...... Matched with a feminine blank, works well for me. Hope this helps.

Dave

Last edited:

Jim Smith

I second the Diva pens. Very feminine and well made. One other kit that hasn't been mentioned yet is the Lipstick pen at PSI. They are very unique and I have sold a ton of them to women who like a small pen for their purse that looks like a tube of lipstick.

Jim Smith

avbill

Since I started using the " Virage" it has sold 2 to 1 over elegant beauty. Everyone of the clients has said They like the feel nib area. why b/c its a smaller diameter.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
My wife mostly likes slimlines, but she went through the Woodturningz catalog & ordered a gold Lancer kit & a Breaking Waves acrylic blank so I could make her a Sierra-style pen. It turned out great and now it's her favorite.

Hendu3270

To me the Sierra pens are more of a feminine style. Not to say they aren't for men, but they just come across that way to me. Here are two I've turned in the past and with these blanks in particular, just seem to be more of a fit for a woman. They're not an overlay wide pen and they are elegant.

Oh, and PSI does sell pens with the Sarovski (spelling) crsyals in the clip and finial. Just can't recall the kit name.

Attachments

• 2127(1).jpg
    2127(1).jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 147
  • 2123(2).jpg
    2123(2).jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator

Deadhead

I stumbled across this thread looking for another thread I posted on earlier today and feel I must comment. I think the New Series ball point is a very nice kit for a woman.

rblakemore

Thanks I read them all

Thanks everyone; I appreciate everyone who has responded.
I have read each response and will consider each idea.

Top Bottom