Felt tipped kit-less

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

Many "kitless" pens are (usually)made into fountain pens. My guess is that the CONVERTER (ink) probably is too large to fit in the 7mm tube.
Generally with kitless, the is no tube. But I guess if you wanted to, you could use tubes.

As far as why there aren't slim kitless pens, I'm guessing that those making them don't want to make them. There is no reason thar it can't be done though. I've never seen a 7th kit that used a felt tip refill. All the 7th kits I've seen use a cross style refill. Maybe a kitless will work that thin. I'm guessing it will have to be bigger though.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I started making a small Pelikan style pen last year. Had the body done but, when it came time to make the section, the dimensions just didn't work out for me. Not saying it can't be done though. I just didn't have the proper taps & dies plus, the feeds and nibs available to me are too big for that small of a pen.

Darkshier

12265 s Strang Line Rd Apt 515 Olathe Ks 66062
I have a customer that is a landscaper that is in the market for custom marker pens and wants them smaller so they are easier to manage and store. I'm going with Copic tips since they were the first of their kind that I found that are refillable. I'll post as I work it out. It's definitely been interesting so far.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I have a customer that is a landscaper that is in the market for custom marker pens and wants them smaller so they are easier to manage and store. I'm going with Copic tips since they were the first of their kind that I found that are refillable. I'll post as I work it out. It's definitely been interesting so far.
I look forward to seeing what develops. Sorry not much help.

Top Bottom