Feel of A Slimline; Look of a Packard Midnight

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jepeneter

A co-worker has been saving his pennies for a pen. He is a slimline kinda guy, in that he likes the diameter, length, and feel of that kind. However, he has fallen in love with the look if the Packard Woodworks Midight Design (http://www.packardwoodworks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=152943).

Anyone know of a maker of fancier slimline kits or add-ons (more than just replacement clips)?

Thanks!
-John-

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
I have to agree with Bruce. Buy the kit and bushings. Make sure the price covers your extra expense to buy the bushings. Who knows, maybe it will open a new line of pens for you to market.

gerryr

That's a PSI kit. Someone posted something about a similar PSI kit not long ago and had a lot of trouble with it, IIRC. I think CSUSA's slimline kits look better than anyone else's, solely because the clip doesn't look so cheesy. You can find some different centerbands and clips, but that's really about all and those "fancy" CBs and clips only come in 24K gold.

jepeneter

He is torn between a nice pen for show (to keep in his shirt/suit pocket) and a practical pen for his day planner. Larger pens like the midnight won't fit in his planner (hence his desire for a slimline) and he likes the lite weight of the slimline.

So while you are right, that the lower barrel isn't much thicker, the upper barrel adds the weight and bulk to not feel right or fit in the planner. Bummer.

Of course, I am trying to sell him both (slim for the planner, midnight for the shirt) but his budget (i.e. wife) won't let him.
-John-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom