Favorite slimline kit?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

punkinn

I know most of you don't even bother with slimlines any more, but for those who do, what is your favorite slimline kit (and from what vendor)?

I like the beaded ones from CSUSA but I can't get a decent fit with those to save my life... I don't like their plain, flat centerbands on the "generic" slimline / twist pens but the fit is better. I like the PSI centerbands, but the clip doesn't do much for me. Sheesh!

What does everyone else out there like?

Thanks in advance,
Nancy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
If I were forced to make slimlines again.. I would go to the Berea Streamline kit.. it is a slimline with a slightly bigger belly and can be obtained in good platings.... not perfectly straight but only the center is a bit larger...

Borg_B_Borg

For slimlines, I favor PSI's TiN version. It's got a nice clip and centerband and the price is right, too. The mechanism isn't the most durable. The smoothness of the twist mechanism goes aways after a couple of years of use, but don't know how Berea's mechanism will compare, either.

http://www.pennstateind.com/store/pk-pena2tn.html

Berea's streamlined 7 mm is nice also. It compares with PSI's Comfort pen in profile.

Steve

chigdon

I don't have an answer unfortunately. I really wish someone would redesign the slimline and come up with a NICE one. I hate turning them but there is a demand for them from folks and I generally try to avoid them.

Ryan

I would have to say the Father Sing pen from CSUSA. It is a little longer so you do not get the rattle like most slimlines have and it is a bit thicker in the middle.

Ryan

its_virgil

No reason to wonder what is the best slimline...if you like the father sing, make one from a regular kit....if you like the KC twist, make one from a regular kit....if you like the streamlined slimline, you guessed it...make on from a regualr kit...why pay more $$. Take a look at modified slimlines made from a simple slimline kit. Photo album at http://www.tinyurl.com/bfzac

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Ryan

Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />No reason to wonder what is the best slimline...if you like the father sing, make one from a regular kit....if you like the KC twist, make one from a regular kit....if you like the streamlined slimline, you guessed it...make on from a regualr kit...why pay more $$. Take a look at modified slimlines made from a simple slimline kit. Photo album at http://www.tinyurl.com/bfzac

Do a good turn daily!
Don

When I have to make slimlines I do modify them somewhat. The bigest complaint I have with them is the rattle they make when I write with them. I usually order a set of euro tubes witht the kit and use the longer tube. This way the trans. has to be pushed in further and the rattle goes away. I also think it looks better. I also do not like the loose center band. This is the other reason I like the Father Sing Pen. You part off the wood and glue the band onto the brass tube.

Ryan

Ryan

its_virgil

I can't say that I've heard a slimline rattle. I've spent the afternoon shaking and writing with all of my slimlines...two 24-pen cases full...and I can't seem to make a one of them rattle. I feel kinda cheated...[:D]
Do a good turn daily!
Don

[/quote]
When I have to make slimlines I do modify them somewhat. The bigest complaint I have with them is the rattle they make when I write with them.
Ryan
[/quote]

wudwrkr

I just put together 6 slimlines and definitely heard the centerbands rattle while I was applying the RenWax. It looks like on some kits the centerband has enough play on the transmission to make the rattling noise. The kits I used were pretty cheap so that probably had something to do with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom