Favorite pen box?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kdoc87

I would like to hear some of your favorite "go to" pen boxes. I have tried a few like the black velour and the "fancy display boxes" from PSI. They work ok, but I'm looking for some other options.

Anyone have any favorites or opinions? Definitely would appreciate it before ordering more!

Thanks!
Kevin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sappheiros

I got the fake leather pen briefcase from CSUSA. It holds a lot of pens, but I have the slim pen box and my pens are larger, so I use every other slot. Still isn't so bad. One thing I've thought about purchasing is a wood tool box or an acrylic paint storage drawer set. I'm leaning toward the storage drawers. I'd like one of those really nice really large storage boxes/displays, but they usually run way too much money.

Alex D

For higher-end pens and folks who want more of a display box, I use the black and maple PSI boxes. However, for pens where people don't want a more formal box (or don't want to pay for them), I love these:

Brown Cardboard Pen Box

It's a sleek cardboard sleeve with a window, in natural cardboard color. I have a rubber stamp of my logo and it is really easy to stamp it on these and they look really nice. Can't beat the price either!

Also, if you couple it with a felt drawstring pouch inside the box, it makes for a well protected, tight package that ships really well.

Alex

jttheclockman

Another one of these personal choice questions and it involves some thought. People do not leave their pens in boxes after they get them. They are to use or if they are a collector then they have a display setup already. I do not use boxes for that type of sale but have a few if asked. I sell my pens with the ever popular velvet pouch.

Now with that said I will sell pens, high end pens, in display boxes if the customer chooses. I got them from Timberbits. Not sure if he still sells them any more.

But when using a box like this you are enhancing the pen look and making a statement with it. Not for everyone.

Dave Turner

While a box is nice to wrap for gift-giving, I don't think most people would keep their pen in a box if they were using it regularly (other than a desk pen). On the other hand, a nice pouch that could protect their handmade pen while it sits in a purse, or on a dresser could definitely be used daily.

For high end desk pens, such as a big rollerball or fountain pens, I keep a few wood boxes available. I like these ones from Penn State Industries and Arizona Silhouette the best.

For pouches, I like the leather pouches from PSI and now also carried by Exotic Blanks. My wife always keeps her pen in one of these pouches when in her purse and after five years, the pouch (and the pen) still look brand new. These are so inexpensive, every pen I sell gets delivered inside one of these pouches.

Last edited:
Top Bottom