Faulty Nib Holders

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MartinPens

I'm looking to see if anyone else is experiencing the breaking of the nib holder for Churchill, El Grande and other similar kits marketed under different names. I've experienced it in the shop and now I'm getting returns from customers. There was a period of time when a couple companies were sending the solid nib holders out with every set due to the issue, but now they have returned to the plastic/metal faulty piece. I have included a photo to show the difference, the breakage or separation point and a solid piece. I think if this is happening to others there may be a chance to spearhead those selling the kits to make a change. I have emailed customer support with the issue and they seem to be supportive, but are not convinced that it is anything other than an isolated problem.

Martin

Attachments

• nibs-small.jpg
    nibs-small.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 139

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hi Martin!!

Nice to have you on IAP!!

Do a search (blue horizontal bar, third from right) with "churchill" and "nib". About last October, I believe, you will find lengthy discussions. In short, yes, the problem has been a topic of conversation.

MartinPens

I didn't find anything in the search. Must not be doing it right... BUT

I found out that ALL of the kits with nib holders from BEREAHARDWOODS have a solid nib holder piece! They are also willing to sell me a bag of solid nib holders to replace the plastic ones I already have. So - I'm ordering my kits from www.bereahardwoods.com from now on. I especially like their Cambridge Hybrid.

Superior kits
They ship most everything for $4 flat rate
Their pen kit pricing is cheaper than Woodcraft/ Craft Supplies/ Rockler

It's a no-brainer.

Martin

Top Bottom