Which is "fatter"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

I have a customer with large hands requesting a postable fountain pen on the large size. Because I'm using coffee bean blanks I choose to use brass tubes and a threadable post. The only large kits I have are the Craft Supply Gentleman and Statesman which don't post but that's the size I have in mind. I did some looking around and found the El Toro and El Presidente which are large but gawdy so may settle for the Churchill or Sedona.

For those who make them..... Which pen is fatter, the Churchill or Sedona? And are either about the same size as the full size Gentleman or Statesman?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
No contest George.

The Sedona is the baron, the slimmest of the fountain/rollerball. The Churchill is much fatter. Big tubes though, not a lot of "meat" so fairly light finished pen.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
BTW George,

Wouldn't coffee bean blanks be homebrew?:rolleyes:

Didn't you say homebrew all "stuck together"?:frown:

Inquiring minds need to know these things!!!:mad::mad::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

rstought

Passed Away Nov 11, 2016
In Memoriam
The Churchill, when done B2B, is thinner than the fullsize Gent/Statesman (there is no taper to the bodyof the pen) and is shorter as well (I don't think it is designed to post, either). For this customer, some customization would probably be in order to ensure it is not swallowed up in his hand...

Texatdurango

BTW George,

Wouldn't coffee bean blanks be homebrew?:rolleyes:

Didn't you say homebrew all "stuck together"?:frown:

Inquiring minds need to know these things!!!:mad::mad::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Yes coffee bean blanks are homebrew and I make my own using alumilite, I just don't sell the blanks.

Let's please not get a stereotype attached to my comments, I never said ALL homebrew blanks were gummy or brittle, just some of them.

And as Paul Harvey would have said.... "And now, inquiring minds know the Rest of the story!" :biggrin:

Sounds like the Churchill is the way to go.

Texatdurango

El Grande and Cambridge are both reasonably fat pens which post.
Well it looks like I'm going to have to go out to the shop and look in my parts boxes. I just noticed that the Churchill and El Grande take the same bushings and I have dozens of the El Grande kit which I bought for parts so I may be in luck afterall!

Lou, check your email!

DurocShark

A woman I sold an El Grande to said it has the best grip she'd ever had. She's not a small girl either. She's 6'1" and has hands that put mine to shame. I think you'll be ok with the El Grande. Plus it's surprisingly lightweight.

Top Bottom