Father Sing pencil kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

I was reading in the library about making a baseball bat pencil and it says to use a Father Sing pencil kit. I have never heard of this kit. Can anyone give me any information on this kit.
Curt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

sold by craft supplies but may not be available still. check and see. I really think it was just a slimline pencil with larger center band. Dick sing was somehow envolved with the Father Sing pen and pencil.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

I was reading in the library about making a baseball bat pencil and it says to use a Father Sing pencil kit. I have never heard of this kit. Can anyone give me any information on this kit.
Curt

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
sold by craft supplies but may not be available still. check and see. I really think it was just a slimline pencil with larger center band. Dick sing was somehow envolved with the Father Sing pen and pencil.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Curt

Dick was the "designer" of the Father Sing pen. Don is correct, it had a larger centerband, but Dick's real interest was in the longer lower barrel. Up until then, all the 7mm pens had used equal top and bottom length.

At the time, I spoke with Dick regularly, at two shows we both did in Chicago.

PenPal

I had the pleasure of a day with Dick Sing and his wife here in Canberra in 2001 I have two of his beaut books signed by him

What he did was have kits made for him to market then a manufacturer sold this kit as the Father Sing or Dick Sing what it is a slimline virtually with the difference the lower brass is longer than the top brass his description is he used European Style brass tubes where the top tube is a standard slimline length and the bottom tube is longer same everything else including the centre band.You could buy the longer tubing and cut your own for the lower one.

At the end of the day Dick came to me and gave me one of his kits and a prepared blank. I was stoked as he is a perfectionist using engineering instruments for his measurements his wife was a delight as well.

Those 14 yrs went fast.

Kind regards Peter.

Top Bottom