Father Sing?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangar

Anyone ever make the Father Sing kit sold by CSUSA? I just finished up a pen kit that was GOING to be a pen and pencil set. I liked the option of this kit as the pencil uses a .7mm lead (instead of the smaller .5mm). Anyway those of you that are familiar with this kit: The hole in the centerband for the pen is drilled oversize. When placed over the 7mm transmission and the pen is assembled, there is a ton of slop. The centerband not only spins in place, it moves from side to side as well, way out of the profile of the pen. Did I get a bum kit?

Cheers,

Fangar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fangar

You are absoulutely correct. The bottom portion of the top barrel is to be trimmed down to the tube. DUH! I think my shop is a little too hot even with my turning frock! [:D]

Only women read directions (And smart men!)

Thanks,

Fangar

B

Bill Baumbeck

Fanger,

The inside of the centerband (both ends) contains a bevel. Using a skew or similar tool expose the brass tube on either the upper or lower blank approximately 1/16". The exposed tube will fit into the bevel of the centerband thus 'centering' it and will removing much of the movement of the centerband.

Bill Baumbeck
Arizona Silhouette

OSCAR15

James...I have had that happen on rare occassion with other kits as well (some with tenon, others slippin on pen mechanism). Possible to get a bad kit I suppose. On those I use a dab of five minute epoxy to secure centerband in place.

fuzzydog

James;
Just don't do my stupid stunt. I slipped on the center band before inserting the transmission, two transmissions later I realized that the center band actually helps lock the transmission in place.
David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom