Falling in deeper ........FAST

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dick Mahany

Okay, so I'm a new guy here and have spent the last 2 weeks trying to absorb at least some of the EXCELLENT advice and tutorials from the folks here and the INCREDIBLE library.................

So now thanks to the library, I have my first pen kits on order, and just made a resin saver type mold this afternoon. Can't wait to see how it turns out after cure, 2 days will be agonizing to wait, but, oh well...............

Just went diving into my recycle bin at the curb to rescue some Buckeye Burl ( yay, I beat the recycle truck by 2 mins:) ) that I thought was beyond hope after I read about Worthless Wood.....now got some juice on order too!

Made a vacuum box today from 1/2 " acrylic cut offs at my local plastics supplier.......

Now I wait anxiously for the molds to dry and the kits to arrive.

This forum is great and I want to say thanks for all of the first class information that you all have shared. Anxiously awaiting to make my first pen. Any thoughts on how to get some sleep in the meantime :wink:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tim'sTurnings

Welcome to the forum. We like pictures. I'd like to see your stabilizing tank and your mold/process for the casting. Are you going to use vacuum for the worthless wood or pressure in your tank?
Again, welcome from Central Michigan.
Tim.

76winger

Welcome to the forums! There's always good information and advice in abundance here, as it sounds like you've already found out.

rossvh

I agree - these forums are a huge help. I'm on this site at least 3-4 times per week and always come away with valuable info. I've done 257 pens in 11 months and every time I have a question (mostly doubt) I turn to IAP. Enjoy the trip!!:)

George417

And your just scratching the surface.
Welcome to the forum from Saginaw Texas

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom