Extra Pen Parts...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

opfoto

I am in need of various parts for Cigar (or others when the time comes)type kits. Do our suppliers (CS, Woodturningz, AS, POC) generally stock, sell them, or otherwise supply them??? Some parts were missing, as well as tubes being lost due to blowups or other murphy related mishaps....:( Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

driften

I think all the suppliers sell extra tubes for the kits. I know you can get just parts from Berea and I think CSUSA may sell parts if needed. I don't think any of the resellers sell just parts other then tubes.

Fleabit

CSUSA will sell you parts if they have any. They don't stock them as a rule, but over time they do aquire spares. Give them a call and they will look for you. I just had to order some from them the other day. Luckily they had the parts I was looking for.

write-n-style

For the cost of a cigar kit(especially if it is gold) it doesn't pay to buy the parts separately.
The clip I imagine is proprietary but would probably cost$1.00.
The trasnsmission would probably cost$1.00 also.
A set of tubes would go for $.50.
You are up to $2.50 and haven't paid for shipping.
Seems to me that it wouldn't pay to go through all the hassel for whatever part you are looking for.
(which one is it?)

MDWine

I'd like to get my hands on a stash of center bands for the various pens. Sometimes the CB can change the look and feel "just enough". I'm still looking around for those parts, but I don't think they are carried by most suppliers, but maybe some???

<fingers crossed>

Tom McMillan

I have gotten some extra parts from Woodcraft in the past---but, you do pay a "premium" for them---seems cheaper to me to just buy a few extra kits and use them for parts even though there may be some left over---they may come in handy sometime.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Bill B carries some nice CB's for slimlines at a very reasonable price... I gave one to Mike when he was here for one of his pens... he really liked it...
You can also buy some Streamline CB's from Berea.. they are larger than the slimline CBs and allow you to make a fatter slimline... I would suggest getting the Streamline bushings.. you only need the center one for diameter...
Which reminds me Mike... when are you going to post a pen made with the stuff I gave you... LOL.. no screwing around... you got plenty of material to play with... LOL

MDWine

TOM!!!
I DID IT LAST NIGHT!! [:D][:D] I glued up three blanks, but they were from other stock. My next batch will be from blanks I got from you. (I'll practice on mine, and hone my skills [;)] for working on yours!) I'm especially anxious to turn the Locust again. I really like that wood!!

This batch of 3 are Bacote, Maple, Kingwood;
Next batch Griz Walnut, Griz Locust, Griz Cedar...
I'm saving the Flame Myrtle for when I'm a better pen maker!!

MDWine

Jim, I really liked working with the Kingwood. It sands very nicely, and the 'master' finish did a great job. There are one or two very small pores that didn't fill in, but over all, it looks really good. (to me at least)

Pics are in the album

Thumbs

On the bight side, <b>Marc</b>, it might cost you a little more but that means you get more toys to play and experiment with![:)][:)]

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Just checked out that album, <b>Michael</b>! Shop pencil, indeed!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Think of it guys! [;)]This fellow is studying pen turning <b>and</b> photography with <b>Old Griz</b>! Unfair! Life is just so unfair! [:D][:D][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom