Extra Emperor Part

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim15

Hello,
I made my first Emperor Pen a couple of weeks ago and when I went to throw the box away I found an extra part in it. I thought I put it together according to the instructions but evidently I left something out. I know the pictures aren't the best but maybe someone can tell what it is. If better picture is needed please tell me. There does not appear to be any threads inside.

2006531165918_emperor%20part.jpg

2006531165939_emperor%20part%202.jpg

Thank you,
jim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wayneis

Jim it is part of the centerband pieces, it is what is supposed to be pressed in the blank first. From what I understand it helps protect the nib, hides the brass tube inside. I don't know if any of those are actually true but I have always used it. One of my complaints has always been that you can see the brass tube inside the cap of all of our pens, it just doesn't have a finished look in my opinion and this part helps that in my opinion.

Wayne

Dario

I always assume that CSUSA knows what they are doing (esp on the higher end kits) and won't put anything extra that won't serve a purpose.

I paid for it...so I use it [:D].

Jim15

Thanks Wayne, Mick and Dario. I assumed it had a purpose but it was still in the box when I put the pen together and I didn't know it was in there. I evidently missed a step. [:I][:I]

thanks

Fangar

Jim,

That is a spacer that helps to center the nib end as it is being placed into the cap and screwed on. Some kits will thread just fine without it.

If you recall the issue that some were having with the Jr. Statesman kits a while back... This type of piece (Though smaller diameter to fit the ID of the Jr. Cap) was added to the kit to correct the issue.

You can test to see the fit, by attempting to cross thread the pen into the cap (gently) by insering it on a slight angle. If there threads lock up, then you needed that piece. If you can't get it to lock... Thank the pen God's that you don't need to dissasemble it.

Cheers,

Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom