Extended Tycoon/Navigator ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gatornut

Hi All,

I made my brother a Navigator and he wants me to try and make one with a longer barrel on the nib section. He has a bunch of ink cartridges from an old fountain pen that are a little to long to use on the Navigator. He says 1/4 inch longer would be plenty. I have found longer lengths for 7mm, 8mm, 3/8 and 10mm tubing. Has anyone tried using the 10mm as a replacement for the Nav. tube? Or do you know where I can get the right size tubing?

Thanks, Dan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

What Marc said.

I had a tube slide part way out while the glue hardened. I cut off the part that was sticking out, and glued it in the other end.

Truth be told, you only need one tube. cut it in half and glue it in the two ends of the blank. The unsupported middle will be a little week, but shouldn't be too much of a problem.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
What Marc said.

I had a tube slide part way out while the glue hardened. I cut off the part that was sticking out, and glued it in the other end.

Truth be told, you only need one tube. cut it in half and glue it in the two ends of the blank. The unsupported middle will be a little week, but shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Mike, I don't think he meant to make it that long!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

gatornut

I had thought about using two pieces of tubing, one inserted from each end but wasn't sure it would be strong enough. Also wasn't sure if they would line up perfectly when milling the ends square. I will give it a try as I allready have some spare tubes. Might make the cap a little longer too.

Thanks for the suggestions, Dan

Top Bottom