Exoticblanks.com issue, mine or theirs?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mortalis

I am having an issue geting to Exoticblanks.com When I type the address into my web browser (Chrome) I am directed to Google. If I search for exotic blanks and use a searched link I end back at Google. If by chance I do get to exoticblanks, when I use one their links along the side bar, I end back up at Google.
Ive tried different websites and they seem to register just fine. I was looking for worthless wood blanks. I ordered for Old Fox pen Blanks once and I have their card with address on it and I can get to their site but they are really low on inventory. I wanted to look at Exotic Blanks supplier list to see if there were any other worthless wood suppliers but I cant navigate to their site.

I've run Spybot and malwarebytes and they didnt find anything outrageous, just a bunch of tracker cookies.

Like I said, if I try typing other website addresses they work fine.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

Go into the forums and find Vendor Forums.........Click on that.
Then look for the vendor of your choice.......in this case Exotic Blanks.
Click on ed4copies and go to his profile........Or just find a posting by him and search his profile.

At the bottom of his posting are links to the site.......They always work for me.
Once I am at the home page.......I added it to my list of favorites.

Hope this helps.

Mortalis

Go into the forums and find Vendor Forums.........Click on that.
Then look for the vendor of your choice.......in this case Exotic Blanks.
Click on ed4copies and go to his profile........Or just find a posting by him and search his profile.

At the bottom of his posting are links to the site.......They always work for me.
Once I am at the home page.......I added it to my list of favorites.

Hope this helps.

I used the the icon at the bottom of his signature and arrived at his site but as soon as I tried to go to worthless wood link on the left side bar, boom...Google again.

Mortalis

I tried the IE edge. When I type Exotic Blanks I am directed to Google. If I search for Exotic Blanks and I try the search link I get google. If I try the exotic blanks facebook link from the search results I go to their facebook page. I don't know what's going on here.

plantman

If you type in exoticblanks.com, it should bring you directly to ED's website. Hit blanks on left, than worthless wood. If you have a problem after that it is your operating system. Check your settings. No reason to be sent back and forth, or once you are on the site to be sent back. I have just tried this on all web browsers with no problems. Jim S

cjester

Ok, I think I figured out the issue but not the reason why. I use a VPN for internet anonymity. I disconnected from it and now Exotic Blanks website works perfectly.

Sounds like a DNS problem with your VPN provider. If you still have the problem when you reconnect the VPN, check your DNS settings. If not, then it was probably their outage.

Mortalis

It appears the issue seems to be on Exotic Blanks web host end of things. Not that big a deal but just wanted to let Ed know he may be missing business. I dont know how much but more and more people are trying to maintain as much anonymity as possible these days and if your web site refuses private VPN access, who knows

Below is the transcript from the service ticket I submitted with Private Internet Access. They are one of the largest private VPN providers.

Hello Kevin,
Thanks for contacting support!

I have replicated the issue here as well. When connected to the VPN, Exotic Blanks simply redirects to a google.com search. As we do not block any web traffic on on servers, the issue is with the site. I would suggest contacting support for that particular site and ask if they block shared VPN IP addresses.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Thanks,

Len M, Level I Tech Support
Private Internet Access™

nativewooder

For any network to submit "Exotic Blanks" and expect to get "www.exoticblanks.com" is a far reach! "Exotic Blanks" covers many millions of hits when submitted to the "internet".

alphageek

Former Moderator
Just so you know Mortalis,

VPNs are a good way to improve your anonymity, but they do come with drawbacks. Blacklists and blocking are a definite side effect of using them. As people us them for more reasons, more issues will also come about from them. Netflix and those types of services are getting better at blocking them, and some hosting providers are getting more in depth about blocking them too because hackers from china and other countries (where their IPs are often blocked) have started using them as well.

There is times that I too use P.I.A, but I will tell you that there is other places you will also start to have issues with.

I work in IT, and I will tell you that sometimes the cost of the business lost by blocking some sites (either explicitly or by using a blacklist service) can be smaller than the headaches and costs of NOT blocking. (Just ask Smitty, or even Jeff - who can tell you more about some of the headaches a single person can cause!)

Mortalis

I just wanted to bring it to Exotic Blanks attention, that's all!
I now know that if I have an issue connecting with individual websites when all others work will trigger me to disconnect from the VPN if I want to go there. There may be others that just give up trying and go elsewhere.

@nativewooder, the words in the reply from Tech Support are a link. If you would have clicked on the link you would have seen that they took you to Exotic Blanks I provided the tech support with the actual web address. They replied with a link, not just search metadata of "exotic blanks".

Crinoid

anonymizer

I suspect the problem is the anonymizing part of your set-up rather than simply the vpn. If I try to use the Tor browser it does the same thing. When I use Aviator, a more secure but not anonymizing browser, exotic blanks works just fine

Doug

Top Bottom