exoticblanks?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
Anyone else having problems with exoticblanks.com website?:confused: Everytime I click on the link I get an "Error Code 405" message.

?? You say "everytime i click on the link" - what link are you clicking on? The link in vendors, a link in an ad, someones sig??

Have you tried putting www.exoticblanks.com right into your browser by typing it?

Its entirely possible that there is a bad link that you are clicking on even if the site is ok.

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
I just placed an order with them and the only problem I had is it took over an hour to get notified my order was shipped. What with that? :biggrin:

alphageek

Former Moderator
Error Code 405 means the IP is banned from connecting to the website.

Do you have a source for that? I don't believe thats a true statement. Http 405 is a "method error". Ususally it means that something is being done that the web server doesn't like (like using a post method where its not allowed).

In this case, he is in Korea and may have a proxy server in between that isn't translating something correctly, but I don't believe it signifies banning.

IPD_Mr

Error Code 405 means the IP is banned from connecting to the website.

Do you have a source for that? I don't believe thats a true statement. Http 405 is a "method error". Ususally it means that something is being done that the web server doesn't like (like using a post method where its not allowed).

In this case, he is in Korea and may have a proxy server in between that isn't translating something correctly, but I don't believe it signifies banning.

Really??? Then explain why all of Linda's, my father-in-law and my, work, home and cellphones get the exact same error? Not to mention a couple of friends. They work once or twice then poof error 405.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Interesting as a blocked site will typically be a http 403 forbidden.

from w3c:
10.4.4 403 Forbidden

The server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfill it. Authorization will not help and the request SHOULD NOT be repeated. If the request method was not HEAD and the server wishes to make public why the request has not been fulfilled, it SHOULD describe the reason for the refusal in the entity. If the server does not wish to make this information available to the client, the status code 404 (Not Found) can be used instead.

10.4.5 404 Not Found

The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent. The 410 (Gone) status code SHOULD be used if the server knows, through some internally configurable mechanism, that an old resource is permanently unavailable and has no forwarding address. This status code is commonly used when the server does not wish to reveal exactly why the request has been refused, or when no other response is applicable.

10.4.6 405 Method Not Allowed

The method specified in the Request-Line is not allowed for the resource identified by the Request-URI. The response MUST include an Allow header containing a list of valid methods for the requested resource.

alphageek

Former Moderator

IPD_Mr

Dean you know as well as I do that you can create a static embedded page and use that for the error page. Especially right before the 405's started we were getting the you have been banned message.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Mike, custom error pages makes sense - a 405 error still baffles me.. I've never seen a 405 myself on any site.

I guess all I can say is that if you get a 405 to exotics, PM your IP address to ed or dawn - they'll have to debug with their host.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hmmmm

I normally only see 404 - not found. Many times if I try again it goes I usually figure it just the other server isn't responding fast enough to suit my IP.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
As we grow, we have had attempts to "break into" the backside of Exotics. So, we have increased our security.

PM Dawn with your IP address if you have difficulties.

Top Bottom