Exotic Blanks / Mandrels

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BassBlaster

Just placed my first order at Exotic Blanks. A couple of black titanium Jr. Gent II's. I'm excited to move into the world of roller balls!!

Okay, quick question. Does the JG II use a B mandrel? I wasnt able to find that info so I just went ahead an ordered one. Once I get close, I switch to between centers to finish up but obviously, I want a proper fit while the bushings are being used.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

zig613

Okay, quick question. Does the JG II use a B mandrel? I wasnt able to find that info so I just went ahead an ordered one. Once I get close, I switch to between centers to finish up but obviously, I want a proper fit while the bushings are being used.

No, the JR Gent II uses the smaller "A" mandrel.

Wade

BassBlaster

Talk about customer service!!!!! A phone call and a reply here minutes after this post.(sorry I missed your call) I think you just found yourself a new long time customer especially since you stock all the current kits I make as well!!

Yes, I do have a standard "A" mandrel, a couple of them actually but go ahead and leave my order as is. I'm sure I'm going to need a "B" mandrel eventually so I'll allready have it. I guess what threw me off is the bushing description says "Jr. Gent II B family of kits"

Thanks so much for the reply!! Now I see why you come so highly reccomended around here!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I left my phone number on your machine. Call me and we will discuss what you are going to turn in the future---the "B" mandrel is only necessary in rare circumstances. We carry "A" bushings for NEARLY everything.

Save $8 and spend it on something that will do you more good!!! (from us or someone else--just don't give it to me for no reason!!)

Ed

BassBlaster

Ed, got my order today. Thanks for the free gift!! Can you tell me what the blank is? It says Black Pearl on it and almost feels like a type of stone. I havnt turned anything but wood so I'm not familiar with other blanks.

How often do you have the specialty blanks in stock, like the snake skins and feathers? I havnt messed with acrylics at all but I am very interested in those particular blanks!!

Thanks again.

Haynie

You done fell victim to the pusher man. That sneaky Ed or his wife drops a freeby in the box just to give you a taste, then you have to buy a kit for the freeby you did not expect so you order a kit and a few other things and they do it again. Exotics are not the only one either. It is a vicious cycle when you order from some IAP vendors.:biggrin::biggrin:

BassBlaster

You done fell victim to the pusher man. That sneaky Ed or his wife drops a freeby in the box just to give you a taste, then you have to buy a kit for the freeby you did not expect so you order a kit and a few other things and they do it again. Exotics are not the only one either. It is a vicious cycle when you order from some IAP vendors.:biggrin::biggrin:
Lol, so I hear!! He has allready shown me that he cares about his customers, even the little guy who only places a $50 order so I will definately be back, even without the free gifts, allthough it was a nice surprise. Gives me a reason to try something besides wood.

Uh oh, now I get it, he dosnt sell wood, so of course he wants me to try something else. I'm catchin on!!

Andrew_K99

Exotics does sell wood, though it's only a small fraction of the blanks they offer.

It's a slippery slope, you'll soon be getting a new box in the mail every other week!

AK

Joe Burns

Ed will treat you right. I'm a sucker for their blanks. Presently in trouble with the wife with the latest order of blanks I just received today.

Joe

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Ed, got my order today. Thanks for the free gift!! Can you tell me what the blank is? It says Black Pearl on it and almost feels like a type of stone. I havnt turned anything but wood so I'm not familiar with other blanks.

How often do you have the specialty blanks in stock, like the snake skins and feathers? I havnt messed with acrylics at all but I am very interested in those particular blanks!!

Thanks again.

Don't make feathers or snakes your first resin blanks!!!!

Start with Polyresin or Alumilite blanks---cheap as you can find. Our local Wood Craft has a $1 bin of "shorts"---all different acrylics---that works, too.

After trying a couple watch the videos on Exotics (they are easier to find than looking on YouTube). Then, try to become confident on the "plastic" turning.

When you feel you can turn "anything", let me know and I will send you a couple blanks made like the snakes and feathers. We are not going away, so do things at a pace that works for you.

Thanks for your purchase!!!

Ed & Dawn

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Probably Madreperlato--black.

It is an easy turn, but not a cheap blank. Remind me in the comments on your next order, I'll send you some better "practice" stuff.

We are trying to add to our wood, but honestly, we look for the nicest wood (burls, etc), so they are not likely to be used for our "freebees". It is much easier to replace resin.

Ed

BassBlaster

Probably Madreperlato--black.

It is an easy turn, but not a cheap blank. Remind me in the comments on your next order, I'll send you some better "practice" stuff.

We are trying to add to our wood, but honestly, we look for the nicest wood (burls, etc), so they are not likely to be used for our "freebees". It is much easier to replace resin.

Ed
Thanks!!

Top Bottom