Executive Desk Set - Update - and a Cheer!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rblakemore

Back in March, I asked for advice on a "Executive Desk Set" - a matching pen and pencil. I had several suggestions for a "Perfect Fit" since it also fits a Schmidt pencil mechanism. I ordered several for Ernie McFarlane at Beartooth, he was great working with me and I appreciate the help! Since this is a Texas pen, they are made in Mesquite with a Turquoise Trustone cap. They came out very well and my client was so pleased that his office manager (wife!!) has ordered a set in Mesquite with pink!! So, comments and critiques please?!?! And, Ernie, I will be ordering more soon. Oh, and, the pen and pencil are a different length because of the extension of the pencil point.
Pictures attached.

Attachments

• 9T4A7341_compressed.jpg
    9T4A7341_compressed.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 174
  • 9T4A7345_compressed.jpg
    9T4A7345_compressed.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

Krash

Boy, those are attractive pen/pencils. I love the mesquite and the turquioae truestone .... great combo!

Some thoughts on the next pair. You can take them or leave them.

The turquoise looks like the end of the pen to me. i.e. the black cap looks out of place. To my eye, the turquoise is a bit too thick also. I see it as an accent, and since it is so striking, less in enough to enhance the mesquite without overpowering it.

So, if I were doing it, I might lose the black cap, make the turquoise half the thickness and try to hide the clip between the turquoise and the mesquite. This may necessitate the lengthening of the upper portion of mesquite to account for the lowering of the clip.

I love these though! They are very pretty and well balanced. I would be proud to have them on my desk!

Top Bottom