Executive Desk Set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rblakemore

I am still new to pen turning and the IAP, and I am learning to read thru old forum messages.
I do need some help please, and think that this may be a good place to ask. I do not see any responses in old messages that help.
I have a request for a "high end" twist pen for an executive desk set. I also need a pencil and a letter openerfor the desk set and do not see any items like these for a setg. The best pens that I see are a cigar (and I have turned several and have already been told that they are too large) or a Jr. Gent twist, which I have not made yet, but, am about to order. . I would like a something more like a Jr. Statesman (a little class, without overdoing it) with the two piece twist components.
Any ideas se???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Burr

Banned
Hmmmm...depending on the intended recipient...a .30 cal bullet is cool. The Concava from PSI is a nice kit IMHO. Ultra or hybrid Cigars are always a hit. Several outlets sell 10k gold openers so as long as you get a gold pen kit, you should be set!!

kovalcik

The sculptured set from PSI is nice. No pencil, but parker style twist ballpoint, letter opener, and magnifying glass available. I think there is a converter available to make a parker style pen into a twist pencil by I have not used it. Maybe someone else knows about it.

Rick_G

The perfect fit makes a real nice set. It is slightly smaller than the cigar but not much but the shape makes it appear smaller. It's got the nicest feeling twist mechanism of any of the pen's I've turned and the Schmitd pencel mechanism just drops in instead of the ink refill to make a pencil. The pencil mechanism is available in both .5 and .7mm. Bear tooth woods and Berea both carry them and likely a number of other vendors here

BSea

Lau Lau Woods has a really nice double twist pen called the neopean. It's basically a larger euro with a twist mechanism like a cigar. It makes a really nice pen. And you don't seed them shown here very often.

rblakemore

I have read everyone's suggestions several times;
My client wants (requested) a twist mechanism. A cigar is great; but, too thick; I can attempt to turn really narrow. The Classic/American flat top seems good; but, may be a little narrow; Anything in between? There is an idea above for a perfect fit and I am leaning towards it right now.

Krash

I have read everyone's suggestions several times;
My client wants (requested) a twist mechanism. A cigar is great; but, too thick; I can attempt to turn really narrow. The Classic/American flat top seems good; but, may be a little narrow; Anything in between? There is an idea above for a perfect fit and I am leaning towards it right now.

If you like the profile of my pens, here are a couple more I did. You can make anything you want using the slimline and it becomes completely your design instead of being limited by some of the other pen kits. It's harder though and you risk more instances of failure, but some will be totally unique which may attract some customers .... if you can pull them off.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/single-sided-scallops-walnut-121011/

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f179/1st-try-segmenting-119830/index3.html

TonyL

The Concava

I am only two weeks and 14 pens into this - but I love the Concava. I make them mostly for females. You can insert your own artistry into the shaping of the upper and lower barrel. I also like the trim line (a little larger than the slim line around the center piece). I made several cigars, but my clients and I find them heavy. However, please remember, I am only doing this two weeks. I may found something else I like better tomorrow :)

Best,

Tony

Hmmmm...depending on the intended recipient...a .30 cal bullet is cool. The Concava from PSI is a nice kit IMHO. Ultra or hybrid Cigars are always a hit. Several outlets sell 10k gold openers so as long as you get a gold pen kit, you should be set!!

Top Bottom