Excited to turn my first Jr Gent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

desert1pocket

That was until I opened the package from CSUSA. I am fairly new to turning pens, and was so excited to turn my first pen using a higher end kit. At first the tubes being the same diameter confused me, and then when I looked closer, I realized they had sent me a bunch of cigar kits instead of the Jr Gents that I had ordered. They did however charge me for the Jr Gents. Now I have to send the cigar kits back, and wait another week to turn my first Jr Gent. I was also surprised that CSUSA also asked me to pay for the shipping to send the cigars back, even though it's their fault the order got screwed up. They did send the Jr Statesman I ordered, but I was going to wait until I felt comfortable with this style of pen before ruining a $30 kit. Maybe I'll try it anyways.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bgray

That's interesting.

The last time that they messed up an order for me, they sent me like 8 designer pens instead of cigar pens. They just told me to keep the designers and then sent me the cigars. I ended up with 8 free pens.

Also, if you search around the forum for "Jr. Gent", you might find some members frustrated with the drill bit recommendations with the Jr Gent, Jr State, and Jr Emperor pens. (they all take the same diameter tubes.)

I forget which barrel it is, lower or upper, but one one them is a REAL sloppy fit if you use the CSUSA recommendation...pretty awful, actually...I have many a pen fail due to this.

As a result, the best fitting bits that I've found are 12.5 mm and 10.5 mm. Whatever the recommendation that CSUSA gives, ignore it (although I think that one or the bits that they recommend is correct...can't remember which) Use what I state above, and you'll save yourself some real frustration.

Source for those bits....
http://www1.mscdirect.com/cgi/nnsrhm?KNC-T7L391316886

VERY irresponsible of CSUSA if you ask me, but they really are fantastic pens.

desert1pocket

Thanks for the info about the bit sizes. You may have saved me some further frustration. The guy I talked to sounded like it was his first time answering the phone there. Maybe I'll call back another day and see if they will credit the shipping costs toward a future order or something.

mewell

Jason - I've always had wonderful customer service from CSUSA. I would urge you to call back tomorrow morning and (hopefully) talk with one of the more experienced <u>women</u> there.

If it was the company's screw up I'm sure they'll do you right!

Woodlvr

Talk to Amber she has taken at least a dozen orders of mine with no mistakes.-(YET) They bend over backwards to fix their mistakes so like everyone states talk to them and they will realize that it was their mistake so it should NOT cost you.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Must admit that I've only had excellent service from CSUSA. I too once got pencils instead of pens. When this happened, Eric offered to send the correct stuff instantly and for me to keep the pencils.
I told him that since they were good enough to allow me to keep the pencils, that they didn't have to make a special posting and just to include them in my next order. They did, even though it was nearly six months later that I placed another order.

I believe that 'how' you complain often makes a big difference to the response from the vendor.

Pikebite

Although CSUSA have made the odd mistake with me, their customer service has never been less than excellent. I suggest you give them a call back and explain your problem - I am sure they will help.

Mikey

I've never been lucky enough to get the wrong stuff from them.[:(]

In any event, I would speak with someone else about the cigar kits as they would most likely credit your account the $4+ it would cost to ship back.

As to the tube sizes, I must be the only one who has not had a problem with these kits. Maybe it's because I measured the tubes and used a bit sized a few thousandths larger? I could have sworn I just looked at the kit instructions for my first few and never had a problem.

bgrey, how would a pen kit "fail" because the drill bit recommendation was too large? the parts go in the brass tubes, so the fit there would be exactly the same every time.[?][?] And why have you had "many" anyway? if you notice the hole seems big, measure the darn thing.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by desert1pocket
<br />Thanks for the info about the bit sizes. You may have saved me some further frustration. The guy I talked to sounded like it was his first time answering the phone there. Maybe I'll call back another day and see if they will credit the shipping costs toward a future order or something.

I know who the 'guy' is. I spoke with him also, completely at sea. Doesn't know anything about anything. I e-mailed Eric about him and was promised the kid would get training. Apparently that hasn't happened. Next time I call, I know I will ask for someone else if he comes on the line.
As for having to pay shipping back for their mistake, that's wrong and not their usual policy. I suggest you call and complain or e-mail Eric.
BTW, Eric, are you here?
I'll ditto the 12.5mm/10.5mm issue. Not all their order takers are familiar with this change. The boy in question isn't. Be sure you get the 10.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom