Ever had one of those days???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

More4dan

It always seems to happen when I'm in a hurry. I'm make some pens for a local charity auction and I'm starting late because I spent all last weekend building my first entry to the Birthday Bash. I had finished turning, sanding and polishing my blanks for a Jr. Gent 1 fountain pen. As I was assembling the pen, I noticed that the section threaded busing was loose in the tube. I quick spot of Med. CA to the rescue. After pressing the parts I installed the front section to align the clip when posted. When trying to remove the section I realized that some of the CA had gotten onto the threads and glued it solid. I tried dipping into acetone to loosen and all it did was partially dissolve the plastic feed. I was able to punch out the threaded bushing to save the blank but not after messing up the finish with splattered acetone. Back to the lathe for re-sanding and polishing. I robbed parts from another kit to complete the pen.

I may still try to soak/heat the front section to get it to part ways with the threaded bushing to try to rescue the parts. Any advice unsticking CA glued threads?

Also, does anyone know what feed will fit a Jr. Gent 1 section? JOWO/BOCK/Other??

Thanks for the space to rant.

Danny

OZturner

I haven't tried it, but they do sell a Debonder for CA Glue.
I believe it is for Debonding your Fingers from each other and what ever else.
It may work on Parts, if you can get it into where the Parts are Bonded.
As I mentioned, I haven't tried it, so no Guarantee that it will work, or not spoil the parts.
Some other members may have had some experience with it, and would like to comment.
Regards,
Brian.

Top Bottom