Even finer ballpoint refills (Cross-type)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

azamiryou

I have a customer who would like a "blue fine" refill. His pen has a Private Reserve blue fine refill in it, which he accepts as OK but he'd like it to be finer. (He has and loves a Zebra pen which is noticeably finer.)

Does anyone make a Cross-type refill smaller than the Private Reserve "fine"? I can't seem to find any "extra-fine" at all. It looks like Cross and Fisher have fine point blues, but are they any smaller than the Private Reserve fine point blue?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Schmidt makes some extra fine roller ball refills but I am not sure they make any extra fine in ballpoint but they do make a fine in a cross style.

Last edited:

PenMan1

At one point in time (I haven't had need for one in a while) Fisher made a very nice Cross style fine point refill that was finer than the Schmidt or PR. Additionally. It would write upside down.

Beware, with any of the Cross type refills, the finer the point, the "scratchier" the feel of the pen. I do recall the Fisher's point being so fine that I had to be careful writing on NCR carbon less forms without "cutting or tearing" the top copy.

My frustration with Cross style refills has grown over the years. They run out of ink quickly, and even the best writing ones are no match for the Parker type or Pilot type refills which seem to last forever.

Last edited:

azamiryou

Reporting back - I ordered some Fisher Space Pen refills in fine blue... and the line is the same weight as the Private Reserve fine blue, as near as I can tell. Visually comparing the tips, the ball looks to be the same size, too. :-(

Top Bottom