European Video

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmr

I am moving along from the slim line to the European and wanted a video or tutorial to follow. Does any have any suggestions?

Thanks jerry
[^]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Don't know of either a video or tutorial for the Euro, Jerry. The kit will have full instructions with it, or you can get them off the internet from virtually all suppliers, and you'll be able to make this style, no trouble. Just be dilligent in your measurements, and it will all come together just fine, you'll see!

jkirkb94

The European is a great pen to turn. I, too, don't know of any videos. I got my bushings from Woodcraft a while back and they worked fine. Be careful when cutting the tenon...don't cut it too long or too narrow in diameter. Slow, easy cuts as you get to the right diameter. If your bushings require you to use the center ring from the parts kit, you might protect the ring with some tape as you cut. Been awhile since I made a European. Might dust off the instructions and do one tomorrow.[:D] Good luck. Kirk[8D] BTW, You can get written instructions on both the Woodcraft and the Penn State Industries (PSI) web sites.

Rifleman1776

I didn't know there was a video. But the Europen is not much more difficult to turn than a slim. Seems to me an hour and a half video is huge overkill. The tenon can be turned in seconds with a 1/4" parting tool, it is just the right size. After doing one, you will be an expert. I do a lot of Euros, it is an excellent style. Bit of advice, make the top straight bushing to bushing. Don't do a swell on the wood. The clip is not adaptable to a fatter style.

jkirkb94

Good advice, Frank! I learned that the hard way when I first started doing swells. It's kind of hard to undo once the pieces are pressed! Euros were the common pen that I did before getting good deals on cigars from Bill. Kirk[8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom