The european kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodmarc

How close are the eropean pens from Berea and CSUSA.

I have a request for the european fountain with the medical emblem. One has the kit (AS) the other the emblem clip.

Anyone out here try this before?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Sorry Marc, but I don't know the answer. Have you considered having the emblem laser engraved on the pen? As a personal thing, I find engraving more refined in appearance than the specialty clips.

its_virgil

Personally, I think the CSUSA euros are much nicer looking than those sold by Berea. I like the CBs that CSUSA offers, but don't like the nib on the classic...too small. BUT, OTOH, I really like the 8mm euros that use the parker refill and those are from Berea. But, the theme clips won't work on them. Speaking of theme clips, I don't care for them either. Laser engraved "logos" are much classier. Just my opinions and not really worth much.
do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by woodmarc
<br />How close are the eropean pens from Berea and CSUSA.

I have a request for the european fountain with the medical emblem. One has the kit (AS) the other the emblem clip.

Anyone out here try this before?

gerryr

I agree with the comments about the specialty clips, kinda cheesy looking. But the 8mm Euros that Berea makes are really nice pens, just be super careful about the length of the upper barrel.

Rifleman1776

Most of your question has been answered. I make the 7mm Euro, mainly to keep equipment needs to a minimum. The tenon isn't difficult to cut.
You said a 'European fountain'. Without perusing all the catalogs, I'll just say that the Euro, being a twist pen, doesn't (I am fairly certain) doesn't come in a fountain pen.
I make quite a fel logo emblem Euros, they are very popular. The medical emblem is nice. But the market needs a really high end pen with professional logos. On occasion, I have had the cap of Baron laser engraved with logos. But, not being on the clip, the effect is lost.

woodmarc

The Pen that i was refereing to is the roundtop european fountain that BB has on his sight. I thought that I wouldtake a stab in the dark and hope that maybe the emblems might somehow fit. But alas, no such luck. [:(]
I am making this pen for a family freind to give to her doc. She is on a fixed income. my motivation is to get my name and product out there. The laser engraving is an idea. Maybe engraving an unfinished pen and filling in with one of the metal powders? I'll have to think about this one.
Thanks for all of the assistance folks. Knew I could count on ya! [:)]

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by woodmarc
<br />The Pen that i was refereing to is the roundtop european fountain that BB has on his sight. I thought that I wouldtake a stab in the dark and hope that maybe the emblems might somehow fit. But alas, no such luck. [:(]
I am making this pen for a family freind to give to her doc. She is on a fixed income. my motivation is to get my name and product out there. The laser engraving is an idea. Maybe engraving an unfinished pen and filling in with one of the metal powders? I'll have to think about this one.
Thanks for all of the assistance folks. Knew I could count on ya! [:)]

I would have to look at his site to know if he carries the 7mm kits or just the 8mm ones. Someone else where would know, for sure. There are logo clips avaiable for the 7mm.

its_virgil

Frank,
There is a euro screw cap fountain pen and rollerball...much the same as the Americanna Flat top double twist has a cap version in both rollerball and fountain pen. Take a look here:
http://arizonasilhouette.com/Berea_Hardwoods_Images_3.htm for the euro screw cap and the Americana Flat top FP and RB are on the previous page. The euro screw cap is the first non slimline pen I made...made it for myself.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Rifleman1776
<br />Most of your question has been answered. I make the 7mm Euro, mainly to keep equipment needs to a minimum. The tenon isn't difficult to cut.
You said a 'European fountain'. Without perusing all the catalogs, I'll just say that the Euro, being a twist pen, doesn't (I am fairly certain) doesn't come in a fountain pen.
I make quite a fel logo emblem Euros, they are very popular. The medical emblem is nice. But the market needs a really high end pen with professional logos. On occasion, I have had the cap of Baron laser engraved with logos. But, not being on the clip, the effect is lost.

Pipes

I love this Berea kit and IMHO the ONLY easy way to make it is with there little gauge they sell ! You cut the blank and on a disc sander size the blank to the gauge ! simple then glue in your tube for the top ! I makem all the time the top is VERY length sensitive BUT NBD here is one I made today just square up the ends to length on the disc sander !! IF your off a 1/32 it be ok MAYBE anymore and the pen won't work !!! I have done about 25 and that is what I have found the TOP has to be perfect length !BUT I order mine from AZ better service than the MFG Berea IMHO .....

dyedredboxelderburlrteuroch1Small.jpg

http://affordablepipes.com/

Rifleman1776

Thanks Don. I guess that built-in confusion is what keeps these forums going. Different pens with same names, same pens with different names. It's Sunday, I won't even get into the rant about weirdo drill sizes. [:p]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom