EURO VARIATION

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drcal

I want to turn a regular European style ballpoint without a centerband.

I am assuming that I just do not turn the tenon and maybe do some decorative burned-in lines where the band would be. I think I would also have to kinda round over the end where the band would be so the edge looks finished.

Does this sound correct?

Any other advice or correction is always welcomed.

Carmen
Tampa Bay

its_virgil

Sounds good to me. You can actually do whatever you want...just omit the CB and do what ever treatment you think looks good. Why not replace the metal dome clip finial with a wooden one? Special studs are available with machine threads on one end and wood screw threads on the other. There is even a special mandrel to hold it while turning.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

I am assuming that I just do not turn the tenon and maybe do some decorative burned-in lines where the band would be. I think I would also have to kinda round over the end where the band would be so the edge looks finished.

Does this sound correct?

Carmen
Tampa Bay

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Wait

Does this sound correct?

Carmen
Tampa Bay
Wait a couple of days and someone will show up who does it all the time and will happily share their knowledge. What you want to do sounds fine to me so long as the euro is not one of the types where the centerband overlaps the lower barrel...

Top Bottom