Euro style dissassembly???????????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I am using a Euro design pen by wood craft that requires a tenon and a drop of glue for the center band.
Has any one had any luck taking these pens apart with out destroying the center band?
I have thought about using acetone but am concerned about the black ring on the center band.
I don't have an extra to experiment with.
Any suggestions?

William Young

What kind of glue is it?
I have never made a pen that requires a glued on centre band (yet) but if I did I would use a drop of Aleenes Tacky Glue that I use for all my fretwork clocks and such. It makes a very positive bond but can be loosened with heat. Occasionally I have installed a piece or two upside down or in the wrong place and after seeing it and then the air turning blue for a minute, I would get my trusty hair dryer out and heat the joint on high heat setting and carefully pull it apart.
Hope you used a type of glue that can be un-glued.
W.Y.

patrick_1853

I havent used the wood craft euro pen, but have done some of the Craft supplie ones that require the same thing. On the 3, one I had to glue the band in place, while the other 2 I was able to get the tenon large enough that friction alone held it in place just fine. I preferred doing this for the same reason you are thinking.

Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom