Euro Pen Finial Thread Size

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
From my past customizations I have found they are an M4(If I am wrong someone please correct me)
I ahve also found that the inserts that hold the finials are not all the same between different Mfgrs.
The best thing to do is take a finial And the threaded stud to a REAL hardware store" the kind that has the oodball nuts and bolts in trays.
I have been able to match the fittings with off the shelf hardware.
I have used teh metric bolts to make my own finials.
It seems that the stud with the female thread is tapered,I have had problems getting the bolt to thread all the way into it, that is why I believe it is tapered.I am interedted in others findings.
I have purchased the hanger bolts intended to make your own finials but they are a PITA>Even after reading the article in Woodturning and Design.

clewless

Thanks Eagle. I'll put the pieces in a plastic bag (do you have any to spare[:)]) and take them along when I get in the car...until I find a good hardware store.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by clewless
<br />Thanks Eagle. I'll put the pieces in a plastic bag <b>(do you have any to spare[:)])</b> and take them along when I get in the car...until I find a good hardware store.

PIeces or bags?

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
The insert that fits in the 7mm tube is very close to an 8-32 thread. That's a hair tight, but that is what I use. If the finial is too tight I use an 8-32 tap to chase the threads. If they seem a little loose after chasing the threads, a touch of CA keeps it in place.

clewless

Thanks Mannie, that seems easier than chasing to China for M4 bolts, etc.

Eagle, just joking about the bags...I'm drowning in the damn things...Getting parts out is the worst part of penturning...[:D][;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom