Euro/Designer Transmissions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

whteglve

Is it just me or are all the transmissions for the Euro/Designer pens hard to turn? I've made several and all can be difficult to turn. They are almost twice as hard to turn as the Cigars I make. Is there an upgraded transmission out there that's easier to turn? What about just replacement transmissions? I try to talk friends and family out of them just to avoid the hassle of the transmission as well as getting a bad name from it.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I've noticed the same thing. I think it's the lubricant they are using. I spray a small amount of WD-40 into the tranny and move the mechenism by hand before inserting into the pen and this seems to do the trick. I've heard that this may present a problem later, but so far (over a year) I've had no problems doing this.

Sylvanite

Some brands are harder to turn than others, but all 7mm transmissions are a little stiff at first (especially when cold). The manufacturers use a heavy grease that must be worked into place. The transmisisons need some breaking-in and will get smoother over time. A little bit of WD-40 will soften the grease and help it move. Just don't use so much that it carries the grease out of the transmission. WD-40 will eventually dry out, but as long as it leaves the original lubricant behind, you're fine.

Regards,
Eric

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Transmission

For what it's worth I have run into the same problem with slimline and comforts, which use (or can use) the same transmission as Euro's...

Top Bottom