ER 32 Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

termitedave

I read were someone had said that the craftsupply apprentince collet chuck uses an ER 32 collet. Is that correct? I found were I could get metric ER 32 collets an 18 piece set that goes from 3mm to 20mm for $92.00 plus $7.00 shipping will this cover most needs? Thank You for any help and for your time David !!!!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

I read were someone had said that the craftsupply apprentince collet chuck uses an ER 32 collet. Is that correct? I found were I could get metric ER 32 collets an 18 piece set that goes from 3mm to 20mm for $92.00 plus $7.00 shipping will this cover most needs? Thank You for any help and for your time David !!!!

Dave; Yes the 18 piece metric set will cover the entire range of the the collets with no gaps. I do not know if the Craft Supply collets are ER32 or not.

socdad

I can not give you any info on the craftsupply apprentince collet chuck. I picked up a ER 32 collet set, 18 piece set that goes from 3mm to 20mm, works with my PSI chuck ... work great for me

Last edited:

KenV

I have two of them -- both use ER 32 collets quite nicely.

The CUSA unit fits both 1 by 8 and 1 1/4 by 8 threads (so I have one for the big lathe and one for the midi). If you are going to have a big lathe in the forseeable future, the 1 1/4 by 8 thread allows easy movement without adapters.

duncsuss

I'm heading down that same road myself ... I bought the CSUSA Apprentice collet chuck a few weeks ago (could have saved the cost of shipping if I'd waited, that's always the way :wink:)

I've seen an 18 piece metric set on fleaBay for $90 including shipping (from Hong Kong or China, I forget which). Does your source ship from a US location? If so, please share contact details (here or by PM). Thanks!

termitedave

I will look when I get home and send you were I bought them from its was from Washington State on ebay. I wish I would have waited couple of days on the chuck since the free shipping came out yesterday.David

Kretzky

I believe a number of members go for the metric set as opposed to the imperial set. Seems it has a better 'overlap' range.
I've been looking too. (I have the PSI collet set). $90 plus $7 sounds pretty reasonable for a 18pc metric set. Usually when these things are at $80- $90 the shipping is around $50!
If you don't mind could you publish your supplier? About the cheapest I've found is around $140 all in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom