epoxy putty

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kenballacoan

Hi, I'm a new member and have experimented using epoxy putty to make blanks for pens.
Only one attempt with a fountain pen kit, with moderate success.
Just wondering if anyone has any advice
I have used it for decoration on turned bowls.
I used black and white. I rolled out 2 thin sheets about 2" square and about 1/16" thick and one black then created a sandwich with the black in the middle. Then cut 1/8" wide strips which I wrapped around th tubes. Trying to blend each strip into the previous.
After 36 hours to harden it turned and polished reasonably, creating a zebra effect.
Has anyone tried this material and have any advise about finishing?
Thanks Ken.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I would say you could finish with CA glue, but I would want to try that on some scrap first.

It would be nice if you could post a picture, please. (even though the pen may be incomplete).

Jim15

Still trying to work out how to post a picture in a thread, but there are two pictures of the pen in my album

Hi Ken,
Here is the way I post pictures. I have a Mac computer so some of the wording might be a little different. Give this a try;

Here are the steps I took:
1 Download picture from camera to my computer.
2 Log onto site and click on the photos tab at the top of the home page.
3 Click on Upload button.
4 under category click on member photo albums then continue.
5 Then click the button to upload from computer then choose file.
6 scroll down to the upload button.
after the file uploads then just close out that screen and go to the forum testing 1-2-3 and scroll down and click on the new thread button.
7 then got to the button "My Photos" under the emoticons and select your photo from the my photos section.
8 then select submit new thread button.

I hope this helps. If not let me know and I will try and figure out what is wrong.

jim

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Jim.
One more thing sorted.
Pictures posted to my album.
Cheers
Ken

Ken, if you want to include photos from your album in a post, here's the method:

In the posting window, under the smiles, is a section called "My Photos". Click the link there that says "Insert", and you can insert photos from your album into posts.

Top Bottom