Epoxy problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

bkc

I'm having a problem with my epoxy setting up when gluing in my tubes. All I could find was the double plunger type that was a 60 minute set time. Assuming the plunger is dispensing equal amounts, why won't it cure after setting for 24 hours + ? I think the brand was loctite.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GBusardo

I bought some of the loctite epoxy last year and had the same problem. I even think there might have been a thread about it. I bought a few because they were like a buck each. They now sit in the bottom of a drawer, unused.

bitshird

I also have several tubes of the Loctite 1 hr epoxy.
1 hour my A$$, I got it to color in some CNC milling I did of some Harley logos for stool tops for a friend, Our shop when I did the stool tops was about 80 during the day and maybe dropped to 70 at night.
I finished the first color at 2:30 PM anxt day at 8:00AM they were still tacky, this was only on .0625 deep It took a full 36 or so hours to dry.
I used some cheap brand from walmart same ratio of pigment only in a 30 min variety and it was solid in a bit over 2 hours.
Perhaps Loctite Epoxy isn't as good as their thread locking products we use them constantly with no problems (other than trying to get stuff loose[:eek:)]

bkc

I do the gluing in my kitchen, I'd guess the temperature averages 75 degrees. And humidity has been low..... I'm guessing it's just not a good glue then. Any suggestions on brands to look for? Not many store options here, so needs to be something a small hardware store might carry, or I'll have to order it online.

bkc

No, I didn't know epoxy had an expiration date. Learn something new all the time. Where do they hide the date? Not that I've got the packaging around still, but I'll look on any new purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom