Epoxy issues

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

I am beginning to think I am just special. I buy Ace hardware epoxy. Use it once then cap it. A week later it has eaten through the tube and made a big mess. I buy gorilla glue epoxy use it a couple times and then maybe a month later it is solid as a rock. So I start using CA to glue in the tubes. I get it good and covered and every once in a while while I am trimming or when I am pressing the parts in the tube breaks loose and slides out the back. I have begun using a LOT of medium CA to glue the tubes in but hate the fumes because they burn my eyes. No more slipping tubes though. I want to go back to epoxy to glue in tubes and also because I just got some carbon fiber sleeves ordered.

Am I just buying cruddy epoxy and don't know it?

What is a good epoxy?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Mark:
I know nothing about the climate of Page, AZ. BUT, the places in AZ that I visited had virtually NO humidity.

Try putting your opened glues in a cardboard box (in case you still have issues) inside the refrigerator. I'll bet the added humidity will solve some of these problems.

bitshird

Mark, try the 5 minute Epoxy from Mannie at Wooden Wonders, Your one stop glue shop or look for Monty here on the board, He has quite a few sizes, and he has small bottles that you can transfer the Epoxy to and store the mother bottles in a I know this sounds dumb since you live in Page, but a cool semi moist place. Mannie's prices are great and the Epoxy is fresh and very good,so is his CA.

Top Bottom