Epoxy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan26

Has anyone added pigment to epoxy when glueing a tube in a blank? For acrylic blanks, I usually paint the inside of the blank, wait for the paint to dry, then epoxy the tube in and wait for the epoxy to set. Just wondering if using a pigment would eliminate the need to paint.

Dan

JimMc7

I use a drop of Mixol sometimes to tint but still need to reverse paint blank IME else glue voids can still show on some blanks.

robutacion

Has anyone added pigment to epoxy when glueing a tube in a blank? For acrylic blanks, I usually paint the inside of the blank, wait for the paint to dry, then epoxy the tube in and wait for the epoxy to set. Just wondering if using a pigment would eliminate the need to paint.

Dan

My experience with "tinting" the epoxy to glue the tubes to void reverse painting of the blank or painting the tube in the first place, has been made with mixed results.

Not all pigments are the same as not all epoxy's are the same, particularly with the pigments, I get better results with powder ones that with the liquid stuff. There is also another important factor, there is the saturation point the epoxy you are using, has. There is only so much powder or additives the epoxy will accept, without interfering with its chemical composition and setting/cure capabilities.

Too much addictive and the epoxy will not set, in most cases...!

Any of the highly concentrated colours powder pigments are ideal to use with epoxy, I use the Pearlex pigments with great result...!

Good luck

Cheers
George

Top Bottom