Engraving Question?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ljudge14

I'm not much of a talker but have been looking at the site for 2 years now and thanks to all the members that post, you have saved me many hours of trial an error. Now to my question, when do you have the pen engraved before the CA finish or after the CA finish when the pen is complete? Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jedgerton

After the CA finish is complete. If you try to do a CA finish after engraving, you will distort the engraved image. I'm assuming it would detract from the appearance but I have to admit I've never tried it.

John

Sylvanite

It can be done either way, and each has its advantages. Typically, I tell my customers to send me the completed (finished and assembled) pen for text engraving. For images that wrap around the barrel, I ask for the barrel unassembled. If you want to do an inlay or fill more complex than a simple color-fill, then I might want it unfinished.

My best advice is to ask your engraver how he wants it.

Regards,
Eric

killer-beez

Also keep in mind how you want your engraving to look. Attached is a picture of engraving after the pen has been assembled. The engraver I use can only go from top to bottom after assembly. If you send it in before assembly the engraving can go around the pen (like a monogram).
I'm not much of a talker but have been looking at the site for 2 years now and thanks to all the members that post, you have saved me many hours of trial an error. Now to my question, when do you have the pen engraved before the CA finish or after the CA finish when the pen is complete? Thanks

Attachments

• 1_DSCF3678.jpg
    1_DSCF3678.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 129
Top Bottom