Engraving Metal question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithbyrd

I had this posted in another thread and no one responded or may not have even seen it! So thought I would try to get some feedback in a new thread!
I am looking for someone to engrave the metal - clip, centerband, top component - am also trying to talk the customer out of it but....they are wanting to order several hundred pens and I don't want to mess this up!!
So my question is - has anyone tried "Things Remembered"? They are at most malls and a lot of their stuff is plated and they say you can carry in a gift purchased somewhere else for engraving? Any thoughts or experience with these?

Thanks for any insight!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brh

Keith-
You may want to look into "laser marking." True engraving of the plated parts can wreak havoc with the plating. Chipping, etc. Contact job shops in your area for quotes.

Best Regards

keithbyrd

Thanks for the input - I am going over to an engraver to morrow with a couple of parts and have him engrave just to see what happens - will let you all know

Joey-Nieves

According to the epilog dealer guy, you need a special spray in order to use a laser on shiny metal. I was doing some research on the mater because I wanted to personalize the clip or the cap with my logo but all local engravers don't want to go through the trouble or or barely know how to engrave text.

The problem was when they tried to engrave the laser reflected on the surface and dissipated barely making a mark on the metal.

If you find somebody let me know,

P.S. Timberbits in Australia does custom clips but it' buy the 100's

Top Bottom