Engraving Machine

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ggsshh

Does anyone do your own engraving? If so, what machine do you use? I have had several customers ask if I could personalize a pen. I've looked at several machines online but not sure which way to go. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Burr

Banned
Would a laser work for your application Greg? I have a good friend that does mine for me, Epilog 50w. Also several people here do it. At a used price of about $14k...I'd buy a car and let someone else do the engraving!

RickLong

Full Spectrum 45Watt... Just got it less than a month ago... Still learning but love it.

Rick

ggsshh

Rotary engraver

Thanks for the response. I was thinking along the line of a rotary engraver like the Roland EGX-20 which has an optional pen vise. On the Full Spectrum CO2 did you get the mini rotary attachment to hold the pen?

Last edited:

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
I do mine on a DIY CNC. A few around here have recently bought the Taig 4 axis mill setup. With a rotary axis, software and accessories you can do this for about $3K or less. Just a different approach than laser, each of which has other capabilities depending on what else you want to do.

RickLong

Thanks for the response. I was thinking along the line of a rotary engraver like the Roland EGX-20 which has an optional pen vise. On the Full Spectrum CO2 did you get the mini rotary attachment to hold the pen?

Yes, I also bought the rotary attachment. It works great.

siric

Am looking into getting an engraver and would like some clarification on the Roland EGX-20. I see that it has a MV-1 vice which is suitable for pens. Does it rotate the pens? And if not how does it deal with the curves?

Thanks

Steve

Top Bottom