Engraving the clip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ashaw

Mike
I tried using an hand engraver (dremel) and it so engrave but your also taking off the plating. It was have to be engraved before the plating the clip.

bgray

If I'm not mistaken, it can be done with a laser, but it's not the typical laser like our friend Ken Nelson uses.

I think that it's very specialized industrial-type process, with a minimum order that would make the ordeal out of most of our ranges.

As a reference check out this guy's work

http://www.worcesterpencompany.co.uk

He's a great guy, and makes phenomenal pens. His clips are engraved somehow. Maybe a friendly email his way, if he's willing to share his secrets.

Rifleman1776

I had this attempted by two different jewelers without success. The clip was a Tn from a Baron. Drills and engraving tips were ruined and a laser engraver wouldn't touch it. On that particular project, I eventually went with a laser engraving on the wood instead.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by emtmike
<br />Ok So what kind of outcomes have you all seen with laser engraving BOW

Beautiful. Example below.

2007925143111_BOWFPWCROSS.jpg
<br />

laserturner

There's a solution that you can brush onto metal which embeds a black dye on the metal when laser engraved however its not 100% foolproof. Here's a link to a new Epilog machine which does engrave on metal. http://www.epiloglaser.com/fibermark_laser.htm Cost is about 30K. Unfortunately, it doesn't engrave on wood. Also, here's a BOW I did awhile back for William C. It engraves really well if you can find an area with light figure.

2007925143952_Bow.Cavanaugh1o.jpg
<br />

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Ken,

That is a beautiful pen and a gorgeous picture.

Perhaps Cav could send all his photography to YOU. We would all see he REALLY DOES make a nice-looking pen!!!

Particularly several resin pens..................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom