Engraving

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

prparry

Hi

I have been asked various times over the years when selling pens if I can put names onto them. Does anyone have any advice please on the best way of achieving this.

I have looked at laser engraving but to buy a machine is expensive, maybe it's better to send them off went I need them.

I was just wondering if anyone knows of a cheaper alternative.

Thanks in advance

Rich

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lorbay

Hi

I have been asked various times over the years when selling pens if I can put names onto them. Does anyone have any advice please on the best way of achieving this.

I have looked at laser engraving but to buy a machine is expensive, maybe it's better to send them off went I need them.

I was just wondering if anyone knows of a cheaper alternative.

Thanks in advance

Rich
I send all mine out to be engraved.

Lin.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Rich,

Sending pens out to be engraved is my preferred method also. Obviously, being in the UK, you would need to find someone closer than the US to make costs and time better for you.

ldb2000

If your just looking to put names on them and don't necessarily need them to be "Engraved" you could use water slide decals and a good finish . The water slide decals (like the type that are used on model cars) are printed with your inkjet printer then cut and applied then overcoated and finished .
I use them as an inexpensive alternative to engraving . You can find the decal paper at your local hobby store or buy them online from several different places .

Umeubbe

Hello.

I have two engraving machines of Gravograf, a little like the picture and a larger one. It is the picture I bought second hand for approx. 1,500 Swedish kronor. Works really well even though it is old.

Urban

Gravograf.jpg

Attachments

• Gravograf.jpg
    Gravograf.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 428

BKelley

I use a Hermes engraving machine. It works fine on arcylic, if wood is hard enough it will work fine there also. I am limited as to heigth of letter because of the curveature of the pen.

Top Bottom