ENGRAVING

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
First Laurie, I have NOT forgotten YOUR pen!!!

Dawn created it last night, will cast it tonight --- YOU REALLY WILL GET IT!!!

Now, we have all of our engraving done by Ken Nelson at Kallenshaan. He is capable of giving you the approximate depth you want (If you want to fill or paint the engraved area).

Last edited:

randyrls

Laurie; I will join the chorus. A friend became a United States citizen and as a present, I made a red, white, and blue pen and had Ken engrave the Declaration of Independence on the cap!

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
My only experience has been with Ken Nelsen of Kallenshaan Woods. The reason he is my only experience is that he does a wonderful job. I'm sure others on the forum are excellent, I just don't have the experience to comment on their work. FWIW, Ken did the engraving on my recent 90 pen order.

jttheclockman

Laurie; I will join the chorus. A friend became a United States citizen and as a present, I made a red, white, and blue pen and had Ken engrave the Declaration of Independence on the cap!

Randy

That pen sounds like a winner. Do happen to have any pictures you can post??? That must have been cool.

Sylvanite

Nothing against Ken by no means, but how about Sylvintie? Looks like he does some fantastic work also.

Thanks for the compliment. Unfortunately, I can't claim to be "the best". I think Ken holds that title. While I'm happy to work with people on custom engraving, I'm just starting out. Ken has been doing this for quite a while. He has a proven track record of quality work, great service, fast turnaround, and very reasonable prices.

I used to be a customer of Ken's (does it show?) before I got an engraving machine, and was perfectly satisfied.

Regards,
Eric

Texatdurango

Who is the best engraver for wood we've got? I have questions.........I will be needing some done on a couple of pens, real soon.

Laurie
Ken may be the most popular but I don't know about being the best since there has probably never been a heads up competition to see who claims that title. :biggrin:

I use John Driscoll, a fellow forum member, jdwhip96. He has his shop in Arlington, Texas. His work and attention to detail is second to none as far as I'm concerned.

If you have admired the cross inlay pens frequently seen on the forum, you have seen some of his work!

randyrls

Randy

That pen sounds like a winner. Do happen to have any pictures you can post??? That must have been cool.

Unfortunately Ken's engraving skills exceed my photography skills by several thousand percent! None of the pictures I took are very good, but I will ask my friend if she will lend me the pen so I can take more pictures.

Top Bottom