enduro finish probs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

crabcreekind

so i got my enduro finish set up. .. and once i dipped it i see that there was a pool of finish at the end of the blank, i do not want this and i want it to be even. does this just go away with time like 24 hrs? or do you have to do something about it? u can see it in the picture

Attachments

• IMG_20110826_152717.jpg
    IMG_20110826_152717.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 211
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
James, I can't help you. I've never dipped in Enduro. I always put in on with paper towels like ca. That works pretty good for me. Just takes a while to let it cure - usually overnight.

KenV

As I remember, Tom Price (galoot_loves_tools) was the advocate for dipping enduro last spring. I use it but not in a dipping format. You might check Tom's posts in the archives for process details. Have not seen his name for a bit.

wouldentu2?

Use a bushing the same diameter as the wood so the enduro will slide past the edge of the pen and not cling to the wood edge.

DurocShark

Use a bushing the same diameter as the wood so the enduro will slide past the edge of the pen and not cling to the wood edge.
This. I turn a bushing that tapers from the blank to something smaller then add a lip to let it pool down where I don't care.

But I've never done it with Enduro, I've only used it with poly.

wb7whi

Bring this up at next meeting as Ron and I each have our own way of handling this issue. Mine is better, his is cheaper.

Top Bottom