Emporer help please.....dissassembly.???...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodscavenger

So I broke down and did one. I use African Blackwood and it turned and finished great, however it is so dark that you have to hold it in the light to see any of the detail in it. It makes it all a bit anticlimactic. Soooooo I was wondering if anyone has been able to successfully take this bad boy apart. I am not worried about the bottom tube but I am worried about the top tube, especially with the large plastic sleeve insert. What is the local experience here??????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wayneis

What I do is to first of all take a piece of Alum. and drill a small hole in one end, this is so that you can knock out the cap finial without popping the fancy piece off the end. The hole should be centered so that it fits over the stud from the fancy piece.

Next find or turn a piece of wood that just fits inside the tube with a square end and carefully knock the centerband out. I use the rubber shelf linner to grip the pen barrel so it doesn't slip out of my hand.

Wayne

Mikey

Most companies normally get a small amount of repair parts in case there are missing or broken pieces in kits. Maybe they could sell you the plastic insert or other single item should it get broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom