Emperor Tube Length??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy_

I was adding some data to my Pen Reference Chart and found I had two seriously different values for the length of the lower tube. I suspect that one of the values submitted to me has a typo and I think I know which is correct; but I would like to have a third opinion just to be sure. Could someone out there throw a vernier on a lower EMP tube, please, and let me know what you measure? Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Ron: You are no help at all.[:D][:D] Now I've got 3 submissions and three different values. Are you sure you got the right kit. At least the other two guys agreed on the tube dia. and you are not even close to them??

Tea Clipper

How about 0.398" x 2.087" measure from a different kit? I'm I getting close? The trouble is, my kits are not marked, so they may be the jr. emporer.

Randy_

Thanks, Reed!! That looks like it ± a hair.

I had two lengths: 2.65 and 2.267. I'm guessing the 2.65 was a typo and should have been 2.2<b></b>65.

Both guys gave me a tube dia. of 0.45. I'm guessing your tube may be a little flattened and you got a slightly smaller reading.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by Tea Clipper
<br />How about 0.398" x 2.087" measure from a different kit? I'm I getting close? The trouble is, my kits are not marked, so they may be the jr. emporer.

How can you get kits mixed up? They come in little bags with labels. Especially with expensive premium kits, I would be very careful about handling them. Oh, well. That's me.

Randy_

Originally posted by Rifleman1776
[brHow can you get kits mixed up? They come in little bags with labels......

Frank: Seems to me I remember someone posting that, if you buy the kits in bulk(whatever that may mean), they used come unmarked.
As I recall, someone pointed out this problem to CSUSA and they have changed that policy. Maybe that explains Ron's comment, maybe not? I expect Ron will post an explanation shortly or maybe not??[:D]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by Rifleman1776
<br />
Originally posted by Tea Clipper
<br />How about 0.398" x 2.087" measure from a different kit? I'm I getting close? The trouble is, my kits are not marked, so they may be the jr. emporer.

How can you get kits mixed up? They come in little bags with labels. Especially with expensive premium kits, I would be very careful about handling them. Oh, well. That's me.

Frank,

The new, more expensive ones come in individual BOXES, with see-through FRONTS and every PART in an INDIVIDUAL BAG.

BUT NO LABEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I couldn't believe it either. Admittedly, there is a noticeable difference between the size of the Emperor and the Jr. Emperor, tho'.

Tea Clipper

I bought them through the group buy we had not too long ago. As Randy said, CS does not label every single package. I also believe these kits were taken out of the boxes to save on shipping costs to me from the group buy.

leevis

I just received 3 kits from CSUSA yesterday. 2 are Jr. Emperor and 1 is full size Emperor. The full size has the catalog number hand written on the box and the Jr's have printed labels on the back of the box. I guess they are now trying to label them.

Randy_

I need some help!!! I've got two guys telling me the lower tube on the EMP is around 2.266" and I have one guy and the CSUSA instruction sheet saying it is about 2.66". Is there another EMP owner or two out there who could measure their lower tubes and help me figure out where the problem is. Thanks in advance.

armando

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />Their batting average isn't v[8D]ery good this month. I may have to send them to the Arizona Instructional League.

Isnt that also called the minor leagues!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom