Emperor Juniors

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

azimmer1

Hi All
I was upset when you could no longer get Emp Jrs from CSUSA. I bought 25 of them when they were closing them out. I mostly make high end pens and this was my most popular model with men. I know there has been some discussions about ordering from Dayacom directly. Well I have to tell you all, my experience was excellent. I went on the website, paid via paypal (reluctantly) and I received my order today. (It took 4 weeks) I had to order 30 but I know I will use them. I am SO glad to have them. I am sure a group purchase can be arranged etc.

Andy Z
San Diego CA

Attached is a typical emp jr I make

Attachments

• IMG_0585.jpg
    IMG_0585.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 247
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Andrew_K99

Beautiful pen. How much was a 30 order?
You might want to sit down ...

I had a look for the MOQ of 30 in rho/blk ti and they are $46 each which includes shipping by the looks of it. That's a total of $1380!

To see the pricing go to DAYACOM INDUSTRIAL CO., LTD and click on the image that says RETAIL BUY HIGH END PEN KIT FROM DAYACOM on the left. I found it by accident trying to figure it out.

AK

PenMan1

I have a few extra that I will sell for what I paid, or trade for full sized Emps. I have both 22k and black TI, fountain and roller ball. I ordered extras and then found a "stash" during shop cleaning.

gbpens

Under retail prices there is a note saying 25% discount on orders of 100. A group buy might work if left open long enough and people were willing to make the investment. Dayacom certainly offers a wider variety of pens and styles within a pen category (postable vs non-postable) CSUSA.

PenMan1

I don't want to break any advertising rules here.
I only want to help someone out by selling my extras in "onsey-twosey" . The price is the price listed on the Dayacom site under MOQ30.

Add $5.15 for flat rate shipping.

azimmer1

yep..expensive....$43 a piece. (Titanium RB's) But that is around the amount what CUSA charged for them. My customers typically want the high end stuff like Emp Jrs and Statesman Jrs. For me it was work the upfront cost. In 18-24 months I will probably be ordering more.

PenMan1

yep..expensive....$43 a piece. (Titanium RB's) But that is around the amount what CUSA charged for them. My customers typically want the high end stuff like Emp Jrs and Statesman Jrs. For me it was work the upfront cost. In 18-24 months I will probably be ordering more.

I've got a few at the Dayacom 30 MOQ price. black TI roller is $43.

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Small warning.....

If you want to do a group buy here are a couple of things to keep in mind.

1. For most larger shipments the delivery time will not be 4 weeks. It will be more like 6. That's minor but it is my experience.
2. They will not Mix & Match finishes or styles for the 50 or 100 price.
3. A small order will usually pass right through customs with no charges or paperwork. A larger order probably won't. They will require a "Toxic Substances Control Act" form because of the ink. You will also have to provide a Power of Attorney to the carrier letting them act as you agent.
4. On a larger order you will probably be assessed customs fees and import duties. They can be as much as 4.5%. If they total more than $200 the carrier won't deliver until they are paid. My last order was $360 on an $8500 order.
5. These are boxed sets and you can not get more than 2 in a priority mail small flat rate box unless you are willing to take them out of their individual boxes (a lot of work) for reshipping. So plan on spending more than $5.15 shipping unless it's small quantities.

If you are considering this my advice would be not to do a group buy -- get two or three people together and buy them 30 at a time (or maybe 50)

I wish you the best of luck - I have gone through this several times and have never had enough buyers of a given style to get to the 100 price. If you get there I might be interested in joining your group.

Last edited:

firewhatfire

yup glad I was sitting down.. .. .. WOW

PenMan1 I would jump at the chance of getting some of yours had I not just bought the all the tools and turning supplies. Maybe you will still have a few when I have money again.

Phil

Beautiful pen. How much was a 30 order?
You might want to sit down ...

I had a look for the MOQ of 30 in rho/blk ti and they are $46 each which includes shipping by the looks of it. That's a total of $1380!

To see the pricing go to DAYACOM INDUSTRIAL CO., LTD and click on the image that says RETAIL BUY HIGH END PEN KIT FROM DAYACOM on the left. I found it by accident trying to figure it out.

AK

PenMan1

If you want to do a group buy here are a couple of things to keep in mind.

1. For most larger shipments the delivery time will not be 4 weeks. It will be more like 6. That's minor but it is my experience.
2. They will not Mix & Match finishes or styles for the 50 or 100 price.
3. A small order will usually pass right through customs with no charges or paperwork. A larger order probably won't. They will require a "Toxic Substances Control Act" form because of the ink. You will also have to provide a Power of Attorney to the carrier letting them act as you agent.
4. On a larger order you will probably be assessed customs fees and import duties. They can be as much as 4.5%. If they total more than $200 the carrier won't deliver until they are paid. My last order was $360 on an $8500 order.
5. These are boxed sets and you can not get more than 2 in a priority mail small flat rate box unless you are willing to take them out of their individual boxes (a lot of work) for reshipping. So plan on spending more than $5.15 shipping unless it's small quantities.

If you are considering this my advice would be not to do a group buy -- get two or three people together and buy them 30 at a time (or maybe 50)

I wish you the best of luck - I have gone through this several times and have never had enough buyers of a given style to get to the 100 price. If you get there I might be interested in joining your group.

Smitty:
If you recall, I tried to do a Dayacom group buy awhile back. After about one month, it became a major pain in the butt! Additionally, on even a small order ($10,000) I couldn't get more than a "more or less" shipping date AND all of the money had to be paid in advance, BEFORE they would even start making the sets.

If you are just a glutton for pain, I suggest having 3 root canals done on the same day. Still less agrivating that a cross world group buy.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I mentioned it because I do have experience dealing with Dayacom on orders larger than just 30 kits.

I have offered prices just above the price for 30 plus US Shipping and don't get that many takers.

But if someone else can get a large enough buy - I'm happy for them.

Top Bottom