Emperor Jr & Maj Jr bushings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

The answer is no . . Those bushing sets are different.

The Jr. Majestic cap is slightly tapered, whereas the Jr. Emperor cap is not.

There are also slight size differences for both the upper and lower barrel bushings.

There used to be a comprehensive bushing/tube table in the library which covered all manufacturers. . I don't think it is there any longer and in place of it we have 20 or so tables, each table being for a different manufacturer/supplier.

If you want to know the numerical sizes you have to look up the Jr. Majestic in the PSI table and for the Jr. Emperor I would try the Exotic Blanks table (I am not sure who is the manufacturer for the Jr. Emperor but I believe Exotic Blanks sells that kit).

Edit:

Actually, I just found the sizes for both kits in the Exotic Blanks table - they sell both kits it seems.

You need to look in: Library -> References -> Pen Kit Bushings & Tubes 2016 -> Exotic Blanks

I keep a copy of the old "comprehensive" (but somewhat out of date) table on my desktop. If you send me your email address in a PM I can send you a copy of it as an attachment but I can't do that here. I found the numerical sizes of both kits you mentioned in that table.

Curt mentioned there being an App with this data. . I don't have either an iPhone or an iPad so I can't comment on this App.

Let me know if you need any further info or help.

Last edited:

CREID

The answer is no . . Those bushing sets are different.

The Jr. Majestic cap is slightly tapered, whereas the Jr. Emperor cap is not.

There are also slight size differences for both the upper and lower barrel bushings.

There used to be a comprehensive bushing/tube table in the library which covered all manufacturers. . I don't think it is there any longer and in place of it we have 20 or so tables, each table being for a different manufacturer/supplier.

If you want to know the numerical sizes you have to look up the Jr. Majestic in the PSI table and for the Jr. Emperor I would try the Exotic Blanks table (I am not sure who is the manufacturer for the Jr. Emperor but I believe Exotic Blanks sells that kit).

Edit:

Actually, I just found the sizes for both kits in the Exotic Blanks table - they sell both kits it seems.

You need to look in: Library -> References -> Pen Kit Bushings & Tubes 2016 -> Exotic Blanks

I keep a copy of the old "comprehensive" (but somewhat out of date) table on my desktop. If you send me your email address in a PM I can send you a copy of it as an attachment but I can't do that here. I found the numerical sizes of both kits you mentioned in that table.

Curt mentioned there being an App with this data. . I don't have either an iPhone or an iPad so I can't comment on this App.

Let me know if you need any further info or help.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iap-bushings-tubes-reference/id1062399336?mt=8

magpens

Thanks, Curt.

Can I download that and view the tube/bushing data on my desktop (Win7) ?

CREID

Thanks, Curt.

Can I download that and view the tube/bushing data on my desktop (Win7) ?

No idea. I just know that some people around here worked pretty hard on this and thought I would post the link. The link is on the front page too. It does say it is an iphone slash ipad app so it may only work on those. I am sure as the day wears on someone who knows will inform us.:)

magpens

Thanks, Curt. . The way I read things, the App works only on iOS8.

I only have a Win7 desktop so I will continue to use the tables in the IAP Library.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
There actually still is a comprehensive pdf file with kit info from all 20 suppliers. It's at the top of the list when you click on the link to the Bushing & Tube files from the IAP Home Page.

As has already been noted, the bushings of the two kits the OP asked about are different. Most "JR" kits are made by Dayacom and do use the same bushings; however, the Majestic Jr and Guardian Jr kits are made by PSI and they each have unique bushings. Some suppliers carry both Dayacom and PSI kits.

The App is only available for iOS devices (iPhone and iPad) at this time. We hope that web or other device developers will step forward someday to produce versions for other platforms, but so far that has not happened. A few people have taken a look at it, but app development and maintenance is not a trivial task, to say the least.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Thanks, Curt. . The way I read things, the App works only on iOS8.

I only have a Win7 desktop so I will continue to use the tables in the IAP Library.

Just a minor correction - iOS8 is the minimum OS requirement. It will work on iOS8, iOS9 or iOS10. An iPhone 4S is the minimum device that it will run on.

edstreet

Interesting way to hijack a thread. Renowb, the answer is no they are not the same size. One company got very greedy and demanding that everyone buys bushing for each and every kit they sell and refuse to use cross compatible tubes and bushing. However sometimes he bushing can interchange but assume they do not and you will have better sanity.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
renowb requested his account be terminated. I think I see why.

If someone asks a question, and you are not well enough acquainted with them to know that a smart-ass answer would be appreciated, please either answer the question, or ignore it.

Top Bottom