Elmers Ultimate Glue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless

Hello all.
This is a polyurethane glue that I saw at the borg that is stocked right next to the Gorilla glue, so I assume it is probably pretty much the same thing. The catch is that it's listed at almost $3 cheaper than the Gorilla.(4 oz. bottle)
Anyone have any experience with this product good or bad?
The reason I ask is I have had a couple of blow-ups due to lack of sufficient glue coverage with my thick CA and was thinking something else might be in order.And like I'm sure most of us do, if I can save a couple bucks, more the better.
TIA
Scott

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gregory Huey

I have used several different brands of poly glue and have not found one to be better than the other. I use epoxy glue most of the time and have not had any glue failure with it. I no longer use CA for glueing brass as I had lots of problems with blow outs and the glue being to brittle. Just my 2 pennys

laspringer

Works ok for me. I let it set up overnight and turn the next day. The only problem that I have is getting in the habit of applying moisture to one side or the other to activate the glue.

Gary

Elmer's, Titebond, Gorilla...it's all polyurethane glue. The price difference is profit margin.

Fearless

Thanks all!
Pretty much the way I suspected It to be.
Think I'll give some a whirl.(ha ha)

Welcome to the neighborhood laspringer and thanks for the input.
I believe that I saw mention here that some of the folks simply breathe into the blank to wet the stock prior to inserting the tube.
Lots of great folks here as well as a huge amount of info.

Thanks again to all.
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom