ElGrande / Cambridge Bushings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Phunky_2003

Can somebody give me some diameters on the ElGrande/Cambridge bushings. I have ordered 2 sets from woodcraft. I thought the first set were wrong because they will not fit into the tubes. Ordered a new set and they will not fit either. So I ordered extra tubes they will not fit. I am lost on what is wrong.

James

If this helps... Cav sent me a set that fit on a "b" mandrel. The ones from woodcraft fit on an "a" mandrel?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Can somebody give me some diameters on the ElGrande/Cambridge bushings. I have ordered 2 sets from woodcraft. I thought the first set were wrong because they will not fit into the tubes. Ordered a new set and they will not fit either. So I ordered extra tubes they will not fit. I am lost on what is wrong.

James

If this helps... Cav sent me a set that fit on a "b" mandrel. The ones from woodcraft fit on an "a" mandrel?
Order your bushings from johnnycnc http://www.penturners.org/forum/member.php?u=2316 You wll always have the correct size bushings!:biggrin:

Lenny

My guess is you have some glue inside the tube that needs to be cleaned out. I use a chainsaw file (gently) and brass brushes used for gun cleaning, followed by a couple turns from a handheld countersink to lightly chamfer the inside of the tube.

its_virgil

To answer your question....and offer no advice:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Two bushings(large tube) have these diameters: .4945 and .5900
The other two (small tube) have these diameters: .4540 and .5365

Do a good turn daily!
Don

James

Lenny

James,
Have you figured out what was wrong yet? I know I have had rotten luck lately when ordering bushings from one of the main suppliers... in one case completely wrong, in another, two of one size when it should have been three different sizes. Whatever was going on, hope you got it figured out!

Phunky_2003

I've the wrong bushings. Which is what I figured, just wanted to double check and make sure. Thanks for all the help. Its much appreciated.

James

Lenny

The B mandrel eliminates many of the problems associated with mandrels imo
Although, so does turning between centers! :)

Top Bottom