Elegant Beauty Sierra Button Click pen kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Smith

I have yet to find a click pen kit that seems to work consistently and effectively for me. I like the Sierra Elegant Beauty in the twist kits and would be very interested in hearing peoples experience with the click version of this kit. Thanks for your input.

Jim Smith

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hi Jim.

I have done my last two pens with the "Long Boy, Click." (There are reviews on IAP.) I'm OK with it's function. It seems good for the mechanism, Some find it "Mushy", but that is opposed to a "Hard Click" that others don't like - so all is in play!

Have fun!

Ed at Exotic Blanks recently did a video advocating the Le Roi click pen kit. He said it was the first click kit he could give a thumbs up to. I got a bunch and have been making them. Too early to give a full review but some basic thoughts: essentially a Sierra/Gatsby/etc style pen with a slightly smaller tube that allows a slightly thicker finished blank (which I appreciate). The click mechanism needs to be "glued" to the tube. Some will take offense at this but I see it as no big deal. You have to be careful, though, or you could wind up with a non-functioning pen. The click mechanism looks to be the standard one most or all the pen component manufacturers use. White nylon plastic 3 part mechanism. I had issues with the specified drill bit and have been using a letter bit which (I believe) fits better.

magpens

I very much like the Sierra Elegant Beauty Click. . I have made about 50 of these with no problems. . Great ladies' pen based on size.

I also like the bigger Sierra Click .... it would probably be my first choice .... I do a lot of these. . Of all click mechanisms this is my favorite. . I have made over 100 of these and had no problems at all.

I also like the Long Boy which Mark James mentioned but the click is a bit mushy .... however, I really like this kit overall. . I make it as a single barrel pen and love the 4" barrel length when made this way. . As far as the clicker itself, this is my second choice. . This is a new kit in 2016. . I have made about 15. . No problems so far.

The worst clicker, IMO, is the Dayacom Long Wood Clicker, sometimes called simple the Long Clicker or the Longwood. . My assessment is based on the noise of the click and the rough feel of the click action. . I have made about 30 of these ... no functional problems at all. . I also don't like the size and shape of the click button ... too big and ugly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom