Elegant Beauty Fountian?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dave S

I''m making my daughter a pen for graduation, using a lazer cut for a 27/64th tube. Just tonight she ask for a fountain pen, any ideas, I wound to use the graduation cap lazer cut.
Thank's in advance
Dave

magpens

I don't think there is a fountain pen version of the Sierra Elegant Beauty;
I looked here.

Pen Kit Making Supplies Berea HardWoods: Search

**** In fact, I don't think there is any fountain pen kit that uses a 27/64 tube.

Here is a possible work around IF you can find a fountain pen kit that uses a 10mm tube of nearly the same length as your laser cut:

the 27/64 tube slides over a 10mm tube and fits quite snugly like that.

You would have to worry about three things:
1) matching the approximate length
2) can you tolerate the double brass tube thickness
3) would you want the laser cut blank on the lower barrel or on the cap of the fountain pen

Good luck ! . Let us know what you come up with ... a picture of the pen would be nice.

If you can go to a Jr Gent II style pen kit (I would recommend the Jr Antony) you can get a fountain pen.
However, I do not believe there is a graduation design laser cut blank in the Jr Gent format.
One solution to this problem is to use the graduation design of Rotacrylic blank made by Jeff Powell and available at ExoticBlanks.

Last edited:

mecompco

I don't think there is a fountain pen version of the Sierra Elegant Beauty;
I looked here.

Pen Kit Making Supplies Berea HardWoods: Search

**** In fact, I don't think there is any fountain pen kit that uses a 27/64 tube.

Here is a possible work around IF you can find a fountain pen kit that uses a 10mm tube of nearly the same length as your laser cut:

the 27/64 tube slides over a 10mm tube and fits quite snugly like that.

You would have to worry about three things:
1) matching the approximate length
2) can you tolerate the double brass tube thickness
3) would you want the laser cut blank on the lower barrel or on the cap of the fountain pen

Good luck ! . Let us know what you come up with ... a picture of the pen would be nice.

If you can go to a Jr Gent II style pen kit (I would recommend the Jr Antony) you can get a fountain pen.
However, I do not believe there is a graduation design laser cut blank in the Jr Gent format.
One solution to this problem is to use the graduation design of Rotacrylic blank made by Jeff Powell and available at ExoticBlanks.

I love the Rotocrylics. IDK about the Jr. Gent, but the Atrax (same drills and bushings) will accept both FP and RB sections--just screw in whichever one is desired. She could then have the option of using it either way. Just a thought.

Regards,
Michael

Top Bottom